Hi There, Just Bought A Glanza V

very nice man, i am liking that skyline alot. the front bumper is really nice and the disco num plate is awesome :thumbsup:

I used to have the plate on a Discovery, looked really cool, but now everyone thinks I'm a DJ, until they see how old I am :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

By any chance did you buy the car from Bolton area as there is a garage that had a few where Craig N got his from. All the plates end in RNE. Im sure i have seen you knocking about Radcliffe.

Bourkey

• 2 weeks later...

Not been on for a while so a few questions here.

The Glanza came from St. Annes & he was the first owner in the UK, supplied by Fuji @ Bell Vue.

I'm in Middleton & work at/own Kirkway Service Station. (traders insurance does have advantages :lol: )

Hi Makaveli, I remember you, you arrived at Helsby Arms with undertray of your R34 scraping the floor if I remember right!

Just an update on the Skyline, went to RWYB at York Raceway yesterday & did some runs, best was 12.33@120 first run but car seemed to be lacking power slightly after second run. Couldn't get it off the line properly using 5000rpm, kept bogging down. Had a look at it this morning & found vac/boost pipe to fuel pressure reg had blown off- easy fix thank f**k. Went back this afto & managed a 11.96@ 117.8 droping the clutch at 7000rpm did the trick!- well pleased :p

Not used the Glanza much lately, just can't resist spinning the wheels at take off when I do, GTRs won't do that. Will need a couple of new tyres soon!

result, an 11 second pass.

you happy with that or are you still wanting more?

Happy for now, I was hoping to get into 11s and JUST made it.

The car has plenty of power for road use (TOO much sometimes) & to increase the boost further (currently 1.25 bar) would probably need forged internals etc. etc. as the car has now done 80k miles & is 14 years old. This would also be rather expensive & use even more fuel which seems to be going up again.

So I think I'll just enjoy it as it is for now, it still amazes me how quick it feels. But who knows, maybe in a year or two???

Next mods will probably be a nice set of 18" wheels & some uprated brakes. Might (regretably) have to sell the Glanza to fund some of this as I need a new roof on the house & a new carpet in the lounge :lol: bloody houses, think I'll live in a caravan.

I'll try to get around to doing the exhaust manifold mod & possibly upping the boost/fueling before I sell, just to see what it will do.

• 2 months later...

Oh well all good things must come to an end so my little Glanza is now for sale. :D

See the for sale threads, not posted it anywhere else yet, set a realistic price (I think) though happy to negotiate.

I'll be sorry to leave this forum as it is very friendly.

If it sells off here I'll be happy to make a donation as it is the least I can do. ;)

Cheers

Phil