Ive now bought three sets of these damn things. 

The first set i bought turned out they werent even hids (bought from on here), second set i bought 3 weeks ago, got home and one of the bulbs was blown. Also bought from a seller on here.

Now, i thought, feck ill pay extra and get it them from toytuning, cant go wrong there eh? Well how wrong was i? Got them today, went out to fit them, and then i realise it only has only one power splice (the three pronged plug which connects to the existing headlight socket). So only one bulb turns on!

Ive had a bloody enough of these things!!! Argh!!!!

Huh? You only need one power plug mate (the 3 pronged one). All it does is takes the headlight switch signal to turn the hid relay on, which then fires up the 2 ballasts.

Take a picture of the whole kit and wiring, layed out on the floor, and I'll tell you where the connections should all go. How does that sound? ;)

I agree though, HIDs can be a pain, Im just about to send off a wiring loom for my current set as theres a problem with it, leading to one of the bulbs not firing up, even though both bulbs and ballasts are working fine.

When you run the Hi/Lo Xenons needed on the glanza, you get these problems as the loom is more complicated.

Good. I fucking hate these things. Driving a Starlet at night sucks when there's people with these bright lights. It blinds the fuck out of you, ok fair enough on country lanes or whatever they probably do help alot but in built up areas with streetlamps and plenty of other cars headlamps lighting the place up there's no need for these fucking blinding things. It's no different to having someone driving around with their high-beam permanently on.

/rant

do both bulbs have a grounding wire? check if the grounding wire coming off the bulb is propperly... well.. grounded that is a common problem i know off.

made sure they were

where are u grounding them to has my new ones i grounded them on the bolts on the wing snd the driver side wing wasnt a real good earth so use to flicker

Interesting that you say that the driver one flickered....its the driver one that doesnt come on for me.....

Its definetly all wired properly, maybe its the earth then? Where did you earth the driver side too?

You only get blinded when twats fit them to cars that don't have headlights designed for HID's.... i.e. Starlets, Old Civics, Old Corsa's, etc etc etc....

Disagree there, if you're at a different angle to the opposite driver on the road, i.e. you're coming up a hill they're going down. I've also noticed on a lot of high cars like Land Rovers and being in a car so low I get blinded frequently.

I bloody hate H.I.D's.. Some of the things that are illegal these days and the fact HID's are able remain baffles me as I've been blinded SO, SO many times.

I've asked numerous people whether my Hids have any abnormal beam patterns and have been told they're fine everytime. They also passed the headlight alignment tests with no issue at Mot. I think my Eyebrows may have something to do with it too.

On my previous car (Rover 25), the headlamps were refractor lenses which sprayed the beams all over the place and were not safe so I removed them. The lenses on the glanza are reflector type and do not suffer the same light scatter from Hid fitment as refractor lenses.

None the less, I'm currently in the process of making a projector lense kit that focuses the beams perfectly making the lights more efficient, plus they could look very smart if done well. Fingers crossed!

God I love Paint ;)

IMG00003-20090325-1534.jpg

You just need to find two good grounds. I used the bolts on the wing for the drivers side, did the job fine but make sure the bolt is clean and tightly fixed on.

made sure they were

Interesting that you say that the driver one flickered....its the driver one that doesnt come on for me.....

Its definetly all wired properly, maybe its the earth then? Where did you earth the driver side too?

I ended up earthing i where the idle control valve is has there are already earth wores there

Disagree there, if you're at a different angle to the opposite driver on the road, i.e. you're coming up a hill they're going down. I've also noticed on a lot of high cars like Land Rovers and being in a car so low I get blinded frequently.

I bloody hate H.I.D's.. Some of the things that are illegal these days and the fact HID's are able remain baffles me as I've been blinded SO, SO many times.

Disagree mate my HIDs are road legal which is why i brought them people just fot them wrong and stick them in anyway poosuble where has they are meant to go into the head lamp a certain way to aim the light at the floor

I've asked numerous people whether my Hids have any abnormal beam patterns and have been told they're fine everytime. They also passed the headlight alignment tests with no issue at Mot. I think my Eyebrows may have something to do with it too.

On my previous car (Rover 25), the headlamps were refractor lenses which sprayed the beams all over the place and were not safe so I removed them. The lenses on the glanza are reflector type and do not suffer the same light scatter from Hid fitment as refractor lenses.

None the less, I'm currently in the process of making a projector lense kit that focuses the beams perfectly making the lights more efficient, plus they could look very smart if done well. Fingers crossed!

When u had your healight allignment checked did they move them or did they say they was fine how they was has im goin to have mine checked

God I love Paint ;)

IMG00003-20090325-1534.jpg

You just need to find two good grounds. I used the bolts on the wing for the drivers side, did the job fine but make sure the bolt is clean and tightly fixed on.

Thats the way they are setup mate, i knew i hadnt done anything wrong.

mate pm me a time and a place and ill give a go for free for ya if not return those ill sell you my set that you seen worjking and ill get my wn set again save all this fafing about if you want that is.

thatd be great mate ill text u.