Is that when cold?

As they idle towards 1400rpm when you first start them up then tend to drop to about 800rpm idle once up to temperature.

If the idle is always high, you'll need to wait for someone who knows more than me to post :)

P.S Starlet SR's don't have carboretters

Yup cold cycle is high, 2k max then it should settle down to 750-800 when the temps at halfway does it do this? any other problems?

if its always high you`ll need to clean the sensors on the throttle body BUT do this with the throttle body off :)

Is that when cold?

As they idle towards 1400rpm when you first start them up then tend to drop to about 800rpm idle once up to temperature.

If the idle is always high, you'll need to wait for someone who knows more than me to post :)

P.S Starlet SR's don't have carboretters

He was asking about carb cleaner lol, not as if its advertised as throttle body cleaner:P

it stays on 1200 rpm all the time, even after warm up.

i didnt say they had carberetters, i was just asking if the cleaner would be ok to use. :)

The cleaner is fine to use, but for the sake of any hassle, remove the throttle body, when you get that stuff in the inlet it tends to play havoc at times.

Always best to take it off because the flamable "fumes" accumilate in the inlet mani so you get a mini replay of the the big bang when you start up.... :)

really? be right back :)

same goes....if you piss around with stuff like that your asking for trouble but if your using it for what it was intended for (a few minor sprays) around/in the intake should see it start up.

They don't have a carb, and what did you adjust??? The cold running map is part of the ecu

yea ano but i ment the start of the inlet manifold there is a little screw allen key type then it will adjusom there tht seemd to work for mine

:lol:

right ok,

today i have cleaned the airbox out and changed the filter to a new HKS panel filter.

carb cleaned the throttle body and everything else that could be cleaned has been.

the idle is alot better but it is still a bit up and down.

anymore suggestions?

Ok mate,

Black circle is the sensor

Black lines are vacumes (check they are attached to the inlet mani)

Red circle is where you adjust the idle....do this with a warm engine with everything off like lights,cd player, heaters etc

r4rr.jpg

ok new update,

took the sensor piping off and gave it a blow ( excuse the expression),

wasn't sure how else to clean it. it seems to be idling ok but on cold start it is well ruff and seems to idle flat when it gets running instead of idling on 1200 rpm on the auto choke.

what is going on???? :lol: