Compression Test Results

If they ^ were in BAR....

145.03...PSI

think 150-180 is what your looking for...imo its ok for now but i`d keep on top of it and do another test in a few months while saving for a re-build i.e mabe forged?

Guest dominodon

Did you do the test this way ?

Heat up the engine till it comes to operating temp. Then unplug the main plug from the distirbutor cap so not be able to start the car also the efi fuse so you dont spray fuel anymore during cranking. Then take out the first spark plug and fit the compression gauge. Get inside and crank the engine at wot till the gauge comes to the maximun level can reach. In simple speaking goes up and up every cycle and then stop. When it is stoped then this is your reading. Then take the tester out and repeat to the other 3 cylinders. What you looking for is almost equall readings on all cylinders at first and second if a stock low milage engine 140-180 psi. After test is done dont forget the main plug and the efi fuse or else you will not be able to start the car.

From cylinder to cylinder dont forget to bleed the gauge to be 0 before you start the new measurment.

Guest dominodon

The compression should be between 140 and 180 accross all 4, asll should be well balanced results

Just to give you a idea on mine result

done on a warm engine and throttle open

the result was

(1)160 psi

(2)161 psi

(3)159 psi

(4)161 psi

hope this helps

i borrowed a guys compression tester it was a digital thing u dont need to bleed it you just select each cylinder on the screen, do the test 1 by 1 then it prints out a little reciept showing your results, other than that i did the same as u just said

Ok mate, if you can post up a pic off the oil plug we can see if its normal

I've heard that a 10% difference between any of the cilinders is bad. Also when they are obviously very low.

I had a compression test done in february. Mij results (1991 4E-FTE) were 11,5 bar on all cilinders.