Gab rear strut brace

i have a GAB rear strut brace which i'm gonna fit. i'm pretty sure you have 2 modify the plastic surrounding the struts 4 it 2 fit. does anyone have any pics of 1 fitted, so i can c how they go. doesn't matter if its not a GAB.

cheers Si

I presume you know the pyramid shaped covers come off (grasp car-width-ways squeze and they should come out), you can then see the bolt you'll be sticking it on then

I think I read somewhere the cusco one sat over the plastic so the best way to put it on was to remove the plastic panel slip it through the hole and put the whole lot back together

Not got round to fitting a brace myself yet, but from the collection of pics I took when wiring in the parcel shelf I'll show some bits

Rear passenger side panel off, but boot panel still in, the cover is off but you can see the bits where the cover clips in.

0.JPG

This is of the left but shows the clip bits clearer

1.JPG

Lift it up and off a bit, note the seat has been removed

2.JPG

Push it out of the way, note the seat belt is still attached

3.JPG

And theres the bolt exposed ready to recieve the strut (this pick for anyone who's wondered where the wiring stuff is or whats under there)

4.JPG

Now I'd push the boot panels together, slip the brace through them, bolt it down and reassemble your car!

To get there,.....

First pull up the rear passenger seat bases (hold in the center back and pull), so the passenger panels can be moved, also might as whell unbolt the rear seat backs now

Pull up the door floor guard (poppers) you need to do this to get the passenger panel out

The passenger panel pulls out (poppers) but has a lip that fits under the rubber thing that goes around the rear passenger window and also attaches to the panel on the pillar, you will need the seat bases up to do this, this panel is an arse to refit

5.JPG

Now you may remove the boot panel, remove the rear setas if not done already

There is a dark piece of plastic around where the seat belt comes out, pop it off (clip), it reveals two bolts, take them out, straight down in an indent remove the screw, off to left is another screw that was covered up by the passenger panel, remove that, the last two are crappy plastic screw things, one is straight down again from the first metal screw (under(lower) the lid thing for the jack), the second faces inwards towards the front of the car in the rear beam across the bottom of the boot door

If you can still remember what you did all that for, do it! B)

Thats my guide for dismantling the rear inside of your car, I took the center column and bits around the gear stick off a while ago if anybody wants to see that,........

Hey Wings.

Awesome pics. You have done more stripping than I ever done lol (you can keep your hat on)

Its a right bugger getting those panels off when I was putting in my c pillar bar.

I had to remove the pillar skirts, I've left them off. But to get to them you need to unbolt a few things and undo a few other skirts as well around the seat belts and the passenger windows.

You should also mention to people who want to strip the rear of the car that quite a bit of strength has to be used to unpop certain parts lol and to do it carefully, not easily done.

I would like to see the pics u mentioned around the gear stick, just a few if poss.

Peace Out

Joz

Thanks and will do Joz, though I must admit I used SiCaln's Start button thread as a guide.

Moving in with the girlfriend is being expensive so I can't afford buy lots of bits like you are now, all I have is time and my electric screwdriver! B)

No worries Mr SeZ glad to help B)

Edit

Just looking through the pics, the first ones I have are after the bit of plastic over the handbrake has come off, and a lot of blurry close up! Will get some better pics and amke a proper guide at some point