What shall i do!  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys, ive recently been re-thinking my plans for my starlet.

I originaly had plans to get GT In may, when i have 2NCB..

But have since had my N/A and played with the idea of 4efte'ing it and going for 200bhp, while also making it look like a glanza.

But ive recently looked at a few GT adds and the prices are lower than i thought.

So;

I either buy a GT and it will probably have a few basic mods when buy it, so it will be 133bhp say.

Or keep the N/A, wait and collect parts and 4efte it.

Its mainly down to financial reasons and figuring out which path i choose loses the most money...

i.e. sellign the N/A with parts? break it? keep part? put on GT?

I also think the re-sale Price for a GT would benefit over a 4efte glanza rep?

EEeee i need your honest opinions guys and gals, what would you do?

Mitch

I'm gonna be asking the same question next year, it's a hard choice though, I think quadlamp GT's look mean as fuck but then I've always preferred EP91's. On the engine side of things you've got all the hard work of the swap whereas with a GT it's less work.

Insurance costs would be my main concern.

I dont mind the hard work, its my hobby, i enjoy it.

But i just want to be wise with the money i spend. I can just see when i come to sell them;

The 4efte'd sleeper selling for around 2k

Where as a similar spec'd GT going for closer to 4k

ee i duno:(

Mitch

Hey guys, ive recently been re-thinking my plans for my starlet.

I originaly had plans to get GT In may, when i have 2NCB..

But have since had my N/A and played with the idea of 4efte'ing it and going for 200bhp, while also making it look like a glanza.

But ive recently looked at a few GT adds and the prices are lower than i thought.

So;

I either buy a GT and it will probably have a few basic mods when buy it, so it will be 133bhp say.

Or keep the N/A, wait and collect parts and 4efte it.

Its mainly down to financial reasons and figuring out which path i choose loses the most money...

i.e. sellign the N/A with parts? break it? keep part? put on GT?

I also think the re-sale Price for a GT would benefit over a 4efte glanza rep?

EEeee i need your honest opinions guys and gals, what would you do?

Mitch

Hey, i think im in the exact same boat as you lol, i have a green sportif considering a new 4E-FTE engine but its the costs behind it all thats putting me off :/

X2 a gt is the logical choice.

modifying at times can be a total nightmare.. and needlessly expensive.

my advice would be to spend ages looking for the right gt pre taylored to you with the right amount of choice mods thats been well looked after,

then you have the best base to work on. you have all the time in the world to find this car.

a fair few peeple have never experienced 1bar before which is a total crime. due to trying to pay for expensive first stage mods. (exhast, decat, mani etc)

X2 a gt is the logical choice.

modifying at times can be a total nightmare.. and needlessly expensive.

my advice would be to spend ages looking for the right gt pre taylored to you with the right amount of choice mods thats been well looked after,

then you have the best base to work on. you have all the time in the world to find this car.

a fair few peeple have never experienced 1bar before which is a total crime. due to trying to pay for expensive first stage mods. (exhast, decat, mani etc)

1Bar owns! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much guys, i really enjoy modifying cars so the work and heart ache .... is kind of pleasure :thumbsup:

Il kind of beat myself up if i go for the GT(although i wont regret it) as it feels like im taking the easy route of driving a 4efte..meh. GT'zftw.

Ok so... i think im going to go for a GT..

So what do i do with my N/A!

I think the wisest and most beneficial (financialy) would be to turn the N/A to standard and either put the mods onto the GT or sell them for some more moneys.

The only thing not allowing me to turn it to standard is the whole rear interior has been removed and put into another car.... so id need that.

Ok, so any help with what sort of price i should pay for a Good condition Quadlamp (or mk1/2) GT?

Thank you

Mitch

I'm gonna be in the same situation next year I'll be 19 with 2 years NCB etc etc...

I dunno about you but I've already been scouring the internet looking on all the Starlet shops looking at what parts I want to buy when I get a turbo'd Starlet. :thumbsup:

I've decided the best thing to do is just buy a GT for now, a conversion is a fair bit of work and it's just not practical for me at the moment as I don't have a garage or driveway and can't exactly leave a half built car out on the street lol... plus the insurance should be cheaper on a GT not to mention quadlamp GT's look mean as fuck!

The N/A Starlet is already pissing me off though I've only been passed since the first week of April and already I find it "boring", don't get me wrong I absolutely love it but it's just not got the feeling of acceleration that a turbo Starlet has. If you haven't had a ride in a GT/Glanza, you'll notice the difference straight away the first time you go in one.

So for now it's going to be a GT and then in the future I'd possibly go for a high powered sleeper, one thing I really do want to try though is a well modded 4AGE 20v. :thumbsup:

It really is a sticky situation...

Now i wish to get a GT my main issue is what to do with my car....

Sell it as it is?

Break and turn to standard?

What do you guys think its worth?

1997 Sporting 80300 miles

Body work is in good condition all be it a few small dents.

Black speedlines with new yoko parada's

rays nuts

TRD leads

Black cam cover

Rolla manifold

Glanza s backbox

Powerflex engine mount

Cusco rear carbon brace

KYB sr special shocks with RS*R Ti springs

Whiteline adjustable panhard

Actually... writing all that lot out makes me realise how much i could sell the parts for...

Thanks!

Mitch

Well my plan with the N/A now is go for only handling mods maybe exhaust manifold but whatever, I know with handling mods I'll be able to either stick them straight on the GT or sell them along with other commonly sought after parts i.e. corolla inlet manifold.

With your mods...

The wheels you could wait til you get the GT then decide which you prefer the ones that come with it or those ones, then you have a choice of wheels, or put the old biscuit tin wheels on the N/A and sell the spare alloys or keep as a winter set.

Rays nuts you could use those

TRD leads you could use those aswell

Rear strut brace, again you could use that on a GT

Shocks/springs/panhard rod could all be used depending on what suspension comes on the GT

Corolla manifolds sell easily

Then you could sell a pretty much standard Starlet to an old lady or something, or keep some bits on it (rolla mani/backbox/alloys/etc...) and sell it on here.

Thats pretty much what ive thought of doing.

So, il need full interior as half of mine is missing...

Strip it of all modifications

Buy GT

Sell n/a

Decide what i want to keep/sell

Hmm....

Such a hard decision...and takes time and a bit of money :)

But i think once ive got the GT and its on the road... it will be worth all the hard work.

Mitch

What I'd be looking forward to with the GT is the big lump of cash you get once you sell the N/A.

It could buy you a few goodies or put it away and be safe knowing you've got a large portion of the insurance money already spoken for.

I dont have the money to buy the GT mate, it will be a loan off my dad... so the money i make will go to him...

Unless the money i earn from work goes to him and the money from the N/A goes on the GT...

God knows! its all so hard to decide... my brains falling out my ear i think..

Mitch

Yeah it pisses me off aswell not having any money, I really want a road legal trackday car so I can go to track days, the stupid thing is if you look at the bigger picture it's not really asking for that much in comparison to some people who go round saying stupid things like "I wish I had a Ferrari" or whatever... it's a twenty year old car with a little 1.3 liter engine based on an economy hatchback with front wheel drive. But it's enough to have some good fun in, atleast for now.