Does This Sound Right For 180-190bhp?

No I don't have a GT/Glanza... well not yet anyway but I will most probably have a GT next year so I want to work a few things out.

What else would be needed to run 180-190 bhp at 1 bar and would this setup get somewhere near it:

Full service/oil change

Full Exhaust System (whatever's good value for money)

Exhaust Manifold (probably something like Zisco ram style)

Decat

Air Filter relocated to front

FMIC (probably a HDi one or similar)

HKS Actuator or similar

Standalone ECU, Blitz or similar

And of course a boost gauge and a BOV :thumbsup:

So what else needs to be done? Ported wastegate? EBC?

I'd remove the aircon as it's not much use in this country.

As for the ECU would a standalone one like the Blitz or TOM's work fine with the above mods at 1 bar and give the correct fuelling?

I doubt you'll make 190 on an old CT9 with an old engine tbh mate. Over on the Aus Starlet Club they are chuffed to make 150whp on a CT9 setup, so be happy with 170/180 at the fly.

Spec list looks OK, but if I were you I'd buy an eManage or even a Unichip as opposed to spending £500 on a JAM ECU. You can pick up 2nd hand emanages (and espeically unichip's) for fairly cheap, even with mapping on top it would only just be more expensive than a JAM and will probably give you much better results!

Just my 2p.

I doubt you'll make 190 on an old CT9 with an old engine tbh mate. Over on the Aus Starlet Club they are chuffed to make 150whp on a CT9 setup, so be happy with 170/180 at the fly.

Spec list looks OK, but if I were you I'd buy an eManage or even a Unichip as opposed to spending £500 on a JAM ECU. You can pick up 2nd hand emanages (and espeically unichip's) for fairly cheap, even with mapping on top it would only just be more expensive than a JAM and will probably give you much better results!

Just my 2p.

Cheers, that's the sort of reply that I was looking for, so I suppose I'd have to go for a hybrid turbo for 190-200 then?

What about going for some different mods aswell as just the "bolt ons" like port & polish the head for example?

I know there are a few people on here with good power figures on CT9's @ 1 bar, but ideally I want a reliable 180 bhp rather than a struggled 190-200.

theres a few places in birmingham area mate weston performance in solihul are probally 1 of the best they set danes sps car up i think!

Oh that'll do then, that's just down the road.

GT_Matchew from sutton coldfield made 191 bhp on a ct9 at 1 bar with emanage so its achievable.

As for mapping you could try weston performance but im getting mine done by Nick @ Tuning Developments.

Last question for now as I don't want to go into it to much because it's atleast 12-14 months before I get a GT, but which of the mods I posted above would I be able to do straight away without the problem of boost creep and fuel cut?

I know the actuator needs to be set to 12psi (somewhere around 0.8 bar?) to avoid fuel cut.

If I was to port the wastegaste first before anything else would this mean I could stop worrying about boost creep, and just do whatever mods and run it at 12psi?

GT_Matchew from sutton coldfield made 191 bhp on a ct9 at 1 bar with emanage so its achievable.

As for mapping you could try weston performance but im getting mine done by Nick @ Tuning Developments.

Yeah but he had a fairly low mileage engine/turbo! Not to mention he had a good setup all looked after by an eManage! Also if you're looking for 190/200, hybrid is definitely the way to go! If you did manage to peak 190 out of a normal CT9 I doubt it would last much longer! Also dub7 made 200+ on a CT9, but with a fully rebuilt engine and ported head, and again I'm sure that CT9 was strained to its limits!

Last question for now as I don't want to go into it to much because it's atleast 12-14 months before I get a GT, but which of the mods I posted above would I be able to do straight away without the problem of boost creep and fuel cut?

I know the actuator needs to be set to 12psi (somewhere around 0.8 bar?) to avoid fuel cut.

If I was to port the wastegaste first before anything else would this mean I could stop worrying about boost creep, and just do whatever mods and run it at 12psi?

Fuel cut is around 12-13-ish Psi yeah, so you'd need to set it below that. It would be a great idea to port the wastegate before doing anything, and run a nice steady 12ish Psi without massive amounts of creep. Very good idea in fact!