Hi there guy's

I just finished with some upgrades on my Pocket Rocket,Just installed FPR and a Turbonetics Manual Boost Controller.

I got a problem guy's a couple of days ago i went to start my car but it took allot to start it,i need to keep holding the key allot for it to start then i took a look and i saw my Boost Controller had turned and i thought that's why it took allot to start but now it's doing it again,battery is fine,they told me to check or replace the fuel-filter.

Could 1 of you guy's please help me with my problem?

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

i would replace or at least clean your plugs, then remove and clean inspect the distributer cap, then check the leads.. but i reckon its one of the above :surrender:

Ok Thanks i'll try that and come back soon if it still remains on doing it.

Hi Guy's i did some research on the problem that i have but did not get nothing yet and i have been through eveything but nothing is was wondering if it's the FPR that's giving me trouble cause i used a tutorial i found on the forum but i didn't know if i could apply it or not but when i installed the FPR i put the pressure on 45 psi could 1 of you guy's tell me if i'm doing it right or not?

And 1 more thing i insalled my manual boost controller but when i raise the boost it will only go to -10 won't go higher do 1 of you guy's know what the problem is there?

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

had the same problem with the mbc so chucked it in the bin,

do you have an adjustable actuater ?

No i have a stock actuator,gonna get me a HKS Actuator next month,cause at the end of this month i'll be waiting for my Exhaust Mani and Downpipe.

Hi there guy's

Did you guy's ever notice when you put your ignition to on you see the "ABS" light and then after a few seconds or so it go's of and you hear the "ABS" give out a sound or something?

I was checking that out and i notice that my car was doing that sound when i got it but after i installed the FPR and the MBC, it gives out the sound sometimes and sometimes not?

What do guy's think would be the problem?

thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

Guest Enzo

it sounds like your worrying too much mate :thumbsup:

but then again if you did notice it after fitting the pressure reg i dont see how that would affect the abs pump

it sounds like your worrying too much mate :thumbsup:

but then again if you did notice it after fitting the pressure reg i dont see how that would affect the abs pump

ok,and 1 more thing Enzo.

Do you think it would be a good idea to install a Supra Fuel Pump on my car?

Guest Enzo

i dont know your spec or setup so could not really advise

there is nothing wrong with the standard pump, if you have a monty big turbo then yea by all means go ahead if its to hand

i dont know your spec or setup so could not really advise

there is nothing wrong with the standard pump, if you have a monty big turbo then yea by all means go ahead if its to hand

My Setup:

Racing Airfilter

FPR put on 45 PSI

MBC

Racing Clutch

Next month i'm about to go custom exhaust mani and decat,stock actuator.

Guest Enzo

if i were you id put the fpr down to standard psi if it is not already , and rip the mbc out.

invest in an actuater and dremel the restiction in runner number three and gut the cat.

all cheap and easy mods,

you dont need a fpr unless your running past fualcut boost

why dont you start a build thred mate :thumbsup:

if i were you id put the fpr down to standard psi if it is not already , and rip the mbc out.

invest in an actuater and dremel the restiction in runner number three and gut the cat.

all cheap and easy mods,

you dont need a fpr unless your running past fualcut boost

why dont you start a build thred mate :thumbsup:

Cause they i already asked on the forum and they gave me a 200HP Setup and i'm working on that,that's why i already have those on.

• 10 months later...

Hi there guy's

My problem has got a bit bigger now cause i went driving a couple of weeks ago and i went pass fuel cut and now my car doesn't want to start.

I got me some TRD Leads,changed my coil to an MSD Coil, i need to change my dizzy cap and rotor but they seem fine. these upgrades were after fuel cut.

Now i got all those but nothing my car wont budge,try to start it but doesn't go on.

Want's to start but doesn't go on PLEASE NEED SOME ADVICE ASAP.

It's drift weekend and i really want to go to that show!!!!

Best Regards

Tha Dragon

I had installed a supra fuel pump but yesterday i was checking so i put my own fuel pump back in it but it still doesn't want to star.

It's giving me a real headache cause i always need to ask somebody for a lift to get to work and all that.

NEED THE HELP AND ADVICE AND INFO PLEASE!!!!

BEst regards

Tha Dragon

Fuel pump?

Ok i'll give it a try,but tomorrow there's a machanic passing by and i'll let him check what the problem is and i'll let you know, but when i installed the FPR it didn't give me no trouble. Every Mechanic i asked is telling me the same thing they say it looks like that my car isn't getting enough spark or something.

But i take a look se and i'll let you guy's know.

THE MORE ADVICE AND HELP THE MERRY.

Best regards

Tha Dragon

i think that FPR may be giving you the problem mate, since it started to happen after this mod? i am right?

put standard one back on and see if it makes any difference

worth a shot!