Hi guys,

got a HDI Dual EBC from Dane-SPS.

the instruction manuel seems to be clear and i think i will do ok. But just wondering if any of you have experience with it and maybe have some pointers in general for fitting a EBC.

thanks for the info.

Kevin

good little ebc, i decided to upgrade to a HKS evc6 as i wanted a bit more adjustability, but i holds boost strong and brought down my spool time by 100revs :lol:

the only advice i can give as it's so simple to fit is just make sure you have the turbo/actuator lines going into the solenoid the right way round otherwise the ebc doesn't actually work lol... took me a while to figure out why i couldn't control the boost lol.

lol, ok i will watch out for that :lol:

about the electronics, i need to run the wiring from my EBC to the gauge from the gaue i then run the samtype wire to the car electrics. it says in the installation guide i only have to hook up a power source...

shouldn't i hook up power source+ignition+ground? so yellow + blue + green?

yay then i am kind of lucky i pulled out my non working turbo timer and found it had a harness at the ignition wiring.

so i don't have to split wires or anything, i can use the wires running of that harness :lol:

thanks for the confirmation dominidon.

What a wonderfull and helpfull forum this is!!!!

REP TO ALL OF YOU!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys bumping this.

i must have fucked up something with the wiring cause when i turn the ignition nothing happens.

Now here is the really strange thing.. when i turn off the ignition my ebc control unit blinks for a second and the gauge does a full sweep...

anybody a clue? did i switch some wires?

yeah there could have been a reason the TT didn't work and it could have been that harness so if you have used it again and it still isnt working then i think that harness you used to route the ebc isnt working properly.

Bumping this...

was busy for 1,5 hour yesterday, no result...

had to boocher the harness cause clearly it was not made for the V.

i finally hooked up :

HDi wire > > Car harness

red - power source - red with black stripe

blue - ignition - blue

green - ground - black

i really don't get it.. anybody installed this thing themself and give me help.

Get a multi-meter and try getting the live feed from one that has a definite 12volts,.

I ended up doing mine to the light circuit, but before it would not work. Do you have a multi-meter?

no mate :) but i will get one.

i got to get a multi meter thats clear is guess but just to check what am i looking for in the readings>

red- power source has to be a constant power? so reading should be 12v even with contact of.

blue - ignition has to be only 12v when contact is turned on?

when i turn the key now the gauge and controller blink while the engine is turning over, once the engine is running it's dead.

• 2 weeks later...

hehe,

i got everything up and running fine now, holding boost better with the solenoid hooked up, i kinda like the gauge.

only thing is its soo bright at night it almost blinds me!!

• 2 weeks later...

bump!

i fitted this last night all working fine so far but can you not get the gauge to dim at night time when you turn your lights on? i thought it said on HDi it dims to a blue colour when lights are on but it doesnt say what cable to connect up to the lighting source?

any help?

• 1 month later...

just fitted my HDI SBC-D Boost controller

now onto fitting the electrical side.

Green Wire - any earth wire

Red Wire - any battery positive red wire

Blue wire - ignition positive wire, and where do i take it from behind ignition barrel or off the turbo timer ?

Cheers Guys :)