Cat back Exhaust

I just wanted to know what is better a Brand Name like HKS or BLITZ exhaust or a custom built one.

What are the power gains from a HKS or Blitz cat back system?

I can get a custom built one for 320 pounds with about 19 to 21 bhp increase including an new air filter? Is this good?

Ive got about 500 pounds to spend so if a name one is better ill get one of them.

Any help would be helpful, thanks. Gav

Thanks for all the help regarding the dump valve got a HKS in the end its the dogs.

id go the custom route if i was you.

you canot knock the japanese items for quality but they are way pricey..

Blitz Nur Spec cat back shames anything else for quality. they are 507gbp

bloody expensive..!

i think you would get better value goin for a custom job..

you have more options when it comes to the looks and design.

where are you based?

the blitz is a good material on the outside, but the inner mesh in the backbox is not stainless so can rust and go bad, proven!

is this for a turbo or not? a guy called pete can get you one for £250 custom made.

Depends on where you live bro, and how much you want to spend. You can get custom cat back for much less, and the quality will be good depending on the type of bending, e.g manderel, if I spelt it correctly.

Use good quality pipe and use a good quality backbox e.g Apexi,HKS, Blitz. Or, just order a Cat back for your specfic car and be done with it :lol:

I perfer custom because you can tailor it how to suit and you have your backbox pointed upward, sideways any part just personal perfernce.

i've got a custom wepr de-cat system on mine and i'm over the moon with the quality, preformance and sound!

if you go on tgtt.com you be able to read all the reviews/opinions on them too!

guys name is Sasha/WickedEP