OK so I know that the Corolla inlet manifold will fit the standard 4efe in an n/a but will the corolla exhaust manifold? More importantly will it actually help to put this on and will there be any gain? Or is aftermarket the only real option for a better exhaust mani?

Thanks

the exhust manifold will fit but im pretty sure they're exactly the same and there would be no benefit. There is no "off the shelf" after market exhausts, but there are some available for the 5efe engine, obx and pacesetter, which is the same engine apart from the block being 10mm taller which do fit and have been used succesfully by some members. The only other option is custom but withouit trial there would be no guarenteed benefits!!!

• 2 weeks later...

A company in Australia manufactures 4E-FE aftermarket! headers for the Starlet EP91 if I am not mistaken. Company is called Pace setter (something with Pace). Found out that it would cost me about 400+ euros to buy and get it here..

Another australian company made headers for the 4EFE called 'Hurricane', apparently they were not very effective (cue ste).

Have a good look on ebay and you will see some kickass OBX ceramic headers for a good price.

They would be the best bet for 4EFE (need a lil shaving on the flange and a sensor hole blanked) and even better on a 5EFE with the right exhaust system.

All the 2.5" recommendations are nonsense. Anything above 2" will kill the 4EFE's power and torque and even then from my experience it was not great.

Joz