Hey guys started noticing the V is burining oil somewhere. So trying to find the cause of the problem. Just got a few light puffs of thin blue smoke out the exhaust. Took the car to a specialst who said teh cause was the exhaust which is alot of pants. Just trying to get ideas of what teh cause can be like Turbo,manifod,gasket etc so please put down your suggestions

Thank you

Extra info its a standard ct9 with standard engine. Tbh i think it may be the seals on the turbo as recently i had the turbo chatter rather that a bov and belive there was too much strain on the turbo.

On idle never notice it when driving. When the car is cold its fine but once wamr it starts that why i fort it was the turbo seals. Ive never ran the car hard only ever use the V to commute to work which is half a mile away.

It could be the turbo seals or valve stem oil seals if its blue smoke.

Its easy to check to see if its the turbo, just take of the intercooler pipe off the turbo and check it for oil, if there is a fair bit in there then the turbo is going.

I'm not sure how to check the valve stem seals as I'm fearing they may be going on mine....

valve stem or pcv is that the gasket on the rocker cover? As i have recently taken off the rocker cover to spray it. How easy is that to fix anyway? Thanks guys really appreciate the help while ive been on the site ive never really had to ask for advice

Guest Enzo

pcv valve is a cheap fix(yea it is the wee gasket on the rocker), a new one from toyota is uber cheapness compared to if its valve stems.

for new seals and getting them fitted is quite expensive,

id usualy wap the head off and do it that way, cylinder head express will do charge around £100

to recon the head with new seals

they will also port the exhaust ports/chamber for about another ton

What is the the vavle stem is that the a internal part? The car is up for sale and if it needs fixing i will get it done asap. Really if i left it, it will only get worse and kill the engine full stop. should i try the rockerseal see how that goes and if it persist's ill have a look for someone to do the valve stem. Tanks Enz

Guest Enzo

thats what id do mate, i honestly think its the pcv vavle from what your describing though,

and yea the valvee stem seals are the wee seals that go around where the valve sits in. but i dont think its that as your not getting any smoke under load.

pcv valve is a cheap fix(yea it is the wee gasket on the rocker), a new one from toyota is uber cheapness compared to if its valve stems.

for new seals and getting them fitted is quite expensive,

id usualy wap the head off and do it that way, cylinder head express will do charge around £100

to recon the head with new seals

they will also port the exhaust ports/chamber for about another ton

Will cylinder head express traveel too me?

Guest Enzo

sorry just noticed this,

google is your friend :thumbsup:

just type in "cylinder head reconditioning" then you will find an outfit in your area (could you please fill in your location field)

i used cylinder heads express as an example to what i would use localy, where i would take the head off, but there are loads of outfits doing similar work, its big business for the motor trade.

like wallace said if you got smoke on the move its eather your turbo oilseals or your valve stem seals in the head.

how many miles has your v done,? also do you you change the oil regularly?

aww i got you i fort you meant their a company that could do it lol. Thanks for the help. Ill be takign it for a spin tonight and see if im gettign smoke under load. Milage is only 86kmiles and always looked after. Havnt chnaged the oil for a while infact been 8 months where i usually change every 6 months.

im a bit gutted tbh the cars up for sale and noticed this now. gytted tho once my ban is over i will be back here looking for another V. If im lucky and get away with a fine i will be rebuilding the engine just need to find someone capable of doing it