Starlet GT Turbo ( Thoughts Please )

Hi everyone i am very new to the site but will be using it more often as i have soreced a Starlet Gt Turbo from Japan but i need your thoughts on the car.

You guys and gals own em so what are you thoughts with Reliability as it only being a 1.3 turbo do they tend to ~ BLOW UP ~ ?

And just an overall performance rating if you can ?

Cheers Peeps

Dane

I've got the later Glanza (same engine) takes a lot of abuse, wants more - very solid car and very good engine. Take care with the choices of upgrades u make n ull b fine, dont go the cheap route - it doesnt stay that way 4 long

200bhp is probably pushing it on a standard engine, if its just been slapped on with no thought of anything else, and plus if you havent built it yourself you'll have no idea how its been treated or built, and to what standards etc, thats usually a big concern of buying import motors.

a few mods are the norm, but getting to that point you'd want to know ALL the details.

id say on the whole front toyotas are very relaible compared to any french or even gernam brands, ive has a fair fe2w starlets now and have to say i have kicked the shit out of everyone!!!

tbh there are a few little things to watch out for like a faulty thermostat and the rear shox are prone to leaking but on a whole as long as its been serviced well you could drive it like you stole it every day!!

you can make 200bhp reliable, hell even 240, but its all down to the tune,

as long as the tune is spot on and you teat your car with abit of care and give it some attention you would be jammin :)

shame you have already found one, i'm planning to sell mine (if i can get insurance on my next car)

i live in longwell green, if you wanna have a look at it you are more than welcome to

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are the details mate can you list everything about the car ?

Cheers

Dane