fitted my hybrid yesterday and have got a list of problems

1stly leaking water coolant from back of turbo ware the pipes connect to it.

will i have to take the lot out and replace the gasket? may sound stupid but does the turbo need to have water running to it

2ndly after fitting it and starting it up its idiling around 2k and hunting at 1.8k

so 1.8k to 2k every few seconds

what are your thoughts guys?

check vacuum lines mate for the high idle could possibly be that.

due to the small size of the ct9 it is best to keep it cooled. it should be easy enough to get a new gasket and change it while its in position i would have thought mate.

check vacuum lines mate for the high idle could possibly be that.

due to the small size of the ct9 it is best to keep it cooled. it should be easy enough to get a new gasket and change it while its in position i would have thought mate.

ive just checkd and i was missing the pipe from rocker to inlet id say that would be it

aww ok i was jw if i could cut that corner but would be best to sort that gasket out.

its v hrd 2 get to 2bh so ill just whip the lot off cheerz for your help

ive just checkd and i was missing the pipe from rocker to inlet id say that would be it

aww ok i was jw if i could cut that corner but would be best to sort that gasket out.

its v hrd 2 get to 2bh so ill just whip the lot off cheerz for your help

no problem mate, bit of a pain taking it all off again but at least it will sort it.

Might be worth just trying a spanner on the two nuts just to make sure you've got them tigh enough before you take it all off again :) when I fitted my hybrid, I put a very (And I Mean VERY LOL) thin layer of gasket sealer on there to make sure it wasnt goin to leak, as I sure wasnt goin to take it all off again :o

next time just do it properly first time!

haha aii i cant do it rite 1st time is a long process of trial and error lol

just put the spanner onit then would like a rad weld sealent do anything? you no the stuff you get from halfolds

cheerz

fitted my hybrid yesterday and have got a list of problems

1stly leaking water coolant from back of turbo ware the pipes connect to it.

will i have to take the lot out and replace the gasket? may sound stupid but does the turbo need to have water running to it

2ndly after fitting it and starting it up its idiling around 2k and hunting at 1.8k

so 1.8k to 2k every few seconds

what are your thoughts guys?

yo dude this is why i always say that a trained mechanic should fit the turbos.

first off the turbo did come with a new oil and water gaskets in the box

did you not use them?

on your second problem you definatly have a air leak somewhere.

did you remember to prime the turbo?

and lastly could you please make sure you post in the relivent section, in this instance, Technical > Turbo Tech.

topic moved.

yo dude this is why i always say that a trained mechanic should fit the turbos.

first off the turbo did come with a new oil and water gaskets in the box

did you not use them?

on your second problem you definatly have a air leak somewhere.

did you remember to prime the turbo?

and lastly could you please make sure you post in the relivent section, in this instance, Technical > Turbo Tech.

topic moved.

yup a traind mechanic did fit the turbo and yes we did use the gaskets included in the kit. the problem was the nuts holding the water lines to the turbo was not as tight as should be. so tightend them up and thas stopd the leak

yes primed the turbo yesterday evening when put together on the car.

also found the problem with the air leak after fitting the newly painted rocker cover i didnt fit the pipe from rocker to inlet mani . so thas sorted now

enzo that turbo is a beast mate!!

sorry about posting in the wrong section wont happen again

I had the same problem with the water feed leaking, turbo had to come back off :)

Just used silicone sealer on it but the car is using water again now so im guessing its time for it all to come back off and new gasket :o

I did question bypassing the water feeds though and the boys on TGTT said it would be fine, so I am going to try that if its still using water it looks like the problem is somewhere else :o

thas the problem its so awkward to get to i struggled to get a spanner onit but eventualy got it on by cutting the spanner in half lol. let me no how you get on by bypassing the water feeds. just incase mine springs another leak cheerz