Well yesterday I went and took the wheels off and painted the drums and calipers.. Along with doing some engine work, this involved removing the cam cover - spraying and placing it back on, and also removing the distributer cap and replacing it with the one from my old Paseo.

Today we only nipped out about 2 miles, and in that time we noticed a knocking coming from what I could hear was the rear drivers side wheel area. Every time mum slowed down/braked it made a knocking noise - quite faint but sounded like knocking on a door. We parked up at the supermarket and I checked that wheel for being loose, the car moved with the wheel when I was rocking it - so it wasnt wobbling. I took the jack out of its mounting point in the boot and put it in a bag inside the boot and we came home. The knocking has stopped now, so I'm hoping it was just the jack messing around each time we braked (thus.. causing it to move forwards).

Am I just being paranoid or is there a problem? The only other thing I can see is that it was the suspension settling back in again as I had jacked it up and removed the wheel. I made sure all wheels were tightly fixed in place and made sure I put them on the same way that they came off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as mum is getting pissed off with me messing with the car :)

Sam

We were experiencing some creep-ass knocks and creaks today, so I tightened the wheels as much as possible. Being a sack of bones that I am, i'm major light, so I put the bar over the wheelnuts and jumped on it lightly to make it tighten the nuts further. It worked, all round the nuts could tighten slightly more, and no more creaks and knocks.

Problem solved...

Thanks for your help? :)