Junes Forum Thread Of The Month Winner

i think that thread is bollocks after seeing it on tgtt so what the lad god ripped off..who is anyone to rub it in his face its to late now he has the car so why doesnt everyone keep their comments and word of wisdom to theirselves and get a life not worrying about unfortunate people paying over market price for their clio

I do agree that it isn't nice that everyone is really slating him, because at the end of the day it was his decision and he will have to live with that if he decides that he made a mistake. From the responses he has had, he probably feels gutted deep down that he got ripped off.

Everyone knows that finance is a rip off, and you always pay more than the car is worth back. Fair enough with some companies you don't pay too much interest, but you will always pay more than the car is worth. But that's what finance is all about. Most people with common sense know this before agreeing to it.

My car was on a loan, not finance. And even I which I hadn't of bothered and just saved up. But then, I am not paying anything ridiculous because my loan was just to cover what was left over from the part ex I done. And it's not over ridiculous amount of years.

This poor boy's parents must not of known anything about it, because my parents would never have let me do something like this.

And what gets me, is he thinks he can make mod's to it. Correct me if I am wrong, but when you have finance and get warrenty for x amount of time, it becomes void if you make any mods to the car. But of course, they don't tell you this.

I can see why people are digging him, but I do feel sorry for him. He's obviously young and just saw a car he loved and wanted it no matter what.

What tickles me is, every one of those that were telling him he made a mistake, all had valuable points, and within that time they could of saved him his bother under the cooling off period. (he just didn't listen....)

His policy for the GAP insurance is void too, as hes on tpft I think, or tpo, and your meant to have fully comp insurance at all times with the GAP policy.

Hes paying £10000 for a 4 year old, second hand base model french supermini.. Thats epic fail in itself.

Yeah I do agree that it's a ridiculous amount for a car that old. And for a standard Clio. But there are people in this world, who go and buy something on finance without realising the total cost. He has probably just fell in love with the car, and decided that it doesn't matter about the cost and he can handle paying it.

The point that worried me for this sake, was the fact that he is only an apprentice with 2 part time jobs. I would hate to his it go wrong for him and not be able to make payments.

The reason I got a loan instead of finance was obviously interest rates, and the fact that if you miss a payment on a loan they cannot take away your car. On finance it's still their car, so they can take it away!

Totally agree Speedfreak, Apprenticeships don't last forever. If its all the same, I've applied for an apprenticeship with the college for vehicle repairs, and i'l be on £80-90 per month... If he loses his part time jobs, he wont have a leg to stand on. Usually apprenticeship is 1 or 2 year jobbies.. hes screwed.

In his defence, It would of been hard to find the same car for cheaper than what he will pay as a total, he didn't even research the car he was buying.

I'm not sure if that is a car forum or not but look at his post count. He must have been on that forum for a long while and must have read similar threads but has still gone ahead and got basically raped!! He's also a young driver so within a year or 2 he will be fed up with the poor preformance and require somethin with more poke. EPIC FAIL on his part, lets hope he can keep up the payments and not get bored of the 'nice car'

Seen it on TGTT, I have said time and time again to mates and on here that I would never get a loan or especially not finance for a car (well not until I am in a completely awsome financial situation and wouldnt to buy something stupid :p )

I sure as hell wouldnt do it on a "1.pooh" clio!!! :thumbsup:

My mate just bought a Corsa VXR will be paying just over £17k for it when its paid off!! He hardly ever dries it either must be skint every month!!