Havin A Nightmare Need Help And Advice

well first of im havin a nightmare on monday at 4am 3 men broke into my house with the intensions of steelin my car, unlucky for them i sleep with my keys and a massive bat! so i woke up and went after them with my dad in his car but they got away down some ally ways on there bikes..at the time i didnt know they was after my car it wasnt until the police told us later that day!

now this is the part were i need your help

the very next day i was driving home, and my car cruched into 2nd gear i came to a stop at some traffic lights fearing the worst, i braked to stop the car took my foot off the brake with my clutch still down and in 2nd and she started to move i had to keep my foot on brake to stop her from movin, didnt want to take her out of gear knowin that i might not get her back in and i was only 1min from home. so managed to get her home had to hit the shifter to get her out of 2nd and to put her in neutral. also just to add shes been crunchin into 3rd and 2nd recently

bad luck ay i then got to work and someone had thrown my trainers away! they say it comes in 3s lol

so am i right in thinkin my syncros have gone? meanin i may aswel get a new gearbox? also my realease bearing has been makin a noise for the past few months could this have a part to play isn't it. what do you guys think?

and any rough prices on a new gearbox or were to find 2nd hand ones?

to top it all off i just baught some white advan RG alloys for her!!!

cheers for any help

It'll be the release bearing causing it to not come out of gear properly or still roll when in gear, alot of starlets crunch into 3rd is the synchro is weak (mine included). I wouldn't bother fixing it unless its really bad, just change the release bearing and see if that sorts the in-gear rolling problem.

Ahhh bad luck mate!!! :wub:

Sounds like the release bearing has give up mate.

Mine is on its way out, sometimes you put the clutch in and it really doesnt do anything.

On another note the Advans will look super sexy on her bro :angry2:

ive seen this problem before..is it really hard to put it in/take it out of gear...its not always the release bearing..The 3 times ive seen this happen, its always been the clutch, the sprung center section had basically clapsed/came loose, basically making it un-aligend and not able to release/engage properly..

Strip it down, and check the clutch, take it off, and put your finger through the splined clutch plate hole, and wiggle it about, there shouldnt be any movement in it. If there is, thats your problem :)

let us know how you get on!