A little conversation with the mother lead to thinking we need some new speakers. We can't have the sound very high as the speakers pop on the bass and if we have no bass it sounds shit. So, I have had a set of Alpine speakers for a while now, the same sizes as the standard ones, but none have any wiring from them. So is it OK to remove the wires from the originals and soulder them to the mounts that the new speakers have for the wires?

Any help is appreciated, I will get some pics later on and post them up so you see what I mean.

A little conversation with the mother lead to thinking we need some new speakers. We can't have the sound very high as the speakers pop on the bass and if we have no bass it sounds shit. So, I have had a set of Alpine speakers for a while now, the same sizes as the standard ones, but none have any wiring from them. So is it OK to remove the wires from the originals and soulder them to the mounts that the new speakers have for the wires?

Any help is appreciated, I will get some pics later on and post them up so you see what I mean.

doing that will be fine, however. if your trying to get the best sound Q possible, i would advise getting yourself some decent speaker wire and rewiring the system.. but if youre on a budget then useing the existing wire wouldnt be a problem.

We don't want a show winning sound system, we just want better quality as so far our JVC headunit can't go further than 17 in volume without the standard speakers popping and sounding dreadful. We just want something that hums instead of crackles and pops. I believe the Alpine speakers are better than these (well... obviously will be) and we only need to turn it up when mum starts singing and I need to drown her out. :)

Cheers for the advice buddy :)