hello. new to the site. pics coming soon hopefully. just wondered if anyone has fitted an oil catch tank to an ep91 4efe. any fitting instructions would be helpful. thanks

welcome to the site :D

i dont know of anyone fitting one to a 4efe... quite a few people do it to the 4efte though. maybe one of the turbo guys can give you some advice.

Rich.

• 4 months later...

back from the past!

i still want an oil catch tank, especially now ive seen how much oil can build up in places it shouldnt be!

does it fit one pipe to the breather on the rocker cover, then to the catch tank and then to the inlet mani? sounds and looks right to me.

any comments about save your money are not required as my money is my god damn buisness!

back from the past!

i still want an oil catch tank, especially now ive seen how much oil can build up in places it shouldnt be!

does it fit one pipe to the breather on the rocker cover, then to the catch tank and then to the inlet mani? sounds and looks right to me.

any comments about save your money are not required as my money is my god damn buisness!

in simple terms ..................yes you are right that would be the way to do it B)

cool. after cleaning out that new mani i can see how much oil builds up and that cant be good. will get one on because they look cool aswell.

unless anyone has any reason why it wont be good for my n/a's engine.

Hey Keirz

I have a Greddy catch tank in special joz colours waiting to be fitted. I've had it for a few weeks...

DSC03172.jpg

It doesnt seem a good idea to connect it to the inlet mani as its not normally done even on turbo. You will find some info if you search tgtt to see how their catch tanks are setup, not much but an idea at least.

Only connection you need on 4efe is the rocker cover breather pipe to the catch tank. The extra pipe if you do get one with two pipe inlets will be either blanked off or a loose pipe running off it. There will be hardly any pressure build up either.

Also there is hardly any oil excrement from the rocker breather pipe itself, so basically what Im saying is that its just cosmetic for us on N/A and will only bling your engine and pretty much better than those wee breather filters. The only real use is just to connect the breather pipe from the rocker to something when you remove the usual vacuum hose which is on the old intake pipe.

Also about your message u sent me dude, just put back the fuel rail the way you found it afterwards, wax on wax off, if you see and smell petrol, you will need to tweek it back in so its sitting exactly right. You will find you will have to move the rail out of the way anyway for access, you might as well learn something new. You should be fine tho...

Another Joz exclusive...

Joz

i just dont like or understand how it is moved. cant figure out what to unbolt, which direction to pull it out, the whole fuel injector thing, where to put it while im fitting the mani. just dont like touching anything with fuel in its title. i think with the tools i have i may be able to do it without shifting it. fingers crossed.

as for the catch tank i may get one as i dont like the breather filter ive got on, looks gay.

great minds think alike anyway joz.........

• 8 months later...

brought from the past!!!!!

right i now have a turbo car and think im in need of a catch tank.

ive read several different ways of fitting and no one seems to have a solid answer.

so im trying again. anyone know the correct way of fitting so that the can will actually function and not just look pretty?

Hey Keirz

Check out hardcore ep91's useful site.

Has a small article on the catch tank.

You gotta find it yourself lol Im not doing all the work for you but its there.

If you want proper advice then try and get hold of the man himself.

Try u2u him on tgtt. If you read his article you might be able to do it yourself, its not difficult.

If you don't know hardcore ep91s site then you aint a starlet fanatic :p

Joz

already know that one and seen it joz. there are also other ways to get it on as well. this way seems a little messy with making holes in the intake pipe and sealing in another pipe. surely if you t piece in between the pcv and the inlet mani it will have the same vacuum affect??? or am i just straight wrong. lol.

ive search like f##k and everyone seems to have different opinion on the best way. im just a little confused as there are lots of ways and they cant all be right surely???

harcore ep seems to know but, wee john also posted another different way. whereas nearly every one who has one fitted just fit to the rocker cover and then the other just to atmosphere.