Hello to all.

I found my way onto here after a google search as im moving onto starlets/glanzas from classic mini ownership (once the mini has sold), was looking for something fun with an element of practicallity & the little toyota seems to fit the bill perfectly, ive also owned a celica gt in the past too & always liked the power but not the size of the thing lol.

Ive been looking around pistonheads & on here as well & hoping to find a good one for around the £2500 to £3000.

Was wondering who on here has an automatic & who has a manual & how they find it? as ive seen quite a few autos for sale but having never owned an auto before (never even driven one!) ive no idea how they perform or how they react to air filter, manifolds etc modifications - so any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey Martin

Welcome to uksc :)

You will definatly find all the information you need to find on this site, as the people on here are extremely helpful and will go out of there way to help you.

I think you need to get some pics up of your old cars bud as they seem really nice.

Unfortunatly i cant help you as i own a starlet sr, but as i said someone on her will.

chanelle x

hi welcome to the site

i have a manual and that is pretty quick and mine is not far from standard, the power to weight ratio is brill.

200hp is easyish to get to ust depends on how far you want to take it.

for the money you have i would aim to get a nice standard glanza for that otherwise you will be chasing rainbows if it doesn't run right and you will not know what has been done to the car (i.e my old skyline lol ).

hope this helps you bud

• 1 month later...

thanks for the welcome all, i shall go for the manual then - i did think it would be better but thought id get opinion. Hoping to get sorted soon with a bit of luck the mini will be sold at weekend and i can then start the hunt for a nice standard ish example :thumbsup:

Only other issue i possibly come up with is room inside as i saw a standard starlet the other day and it looked rather dinky compared to the usual gaggle of hatchbacks around.

Does anyone else have any issues fitting into one (in 6ft 3 & have size 12 feet) does anyone of a similar height have any problems or on peddles?

welcome fella! i went from a mini to glanza and it was the best thing i ever did. it has double the power and the reliability is way way ahead of the mini. you wont be dissapointed man

ben - the mini is a car everyone should own in their life in my opinion, they are a pain in the arse, they rot etc etc but there is nothing like flying into a roundabout entrance at stupid speeds and the mini just goes round it - only downside is youve no power when you get out the otherside lol, im looking forward to learning my way through the EP 82/91, just have to patient in finding a good un.

badass - cheers thats a weight off my mind.

im 6 foot 5 mate and fit in perfectly theres no lack of space at all mate its brill so dont worry on that one lol

my glanza is also a family car lol so there is plenty of room in them, my wee boy and his car seat fit in no probs and i huve big chunky front corbaeu recliners lol also i still have subs in the boot and the pram still fits

starlet = tardis :thumbsup:

oh and welcome to uksc mate step into a starlet and youl never regret it