Not Another Abs Post!

actually it is....

Ok from the beginning,

My car failed its MOT the other day because some dirty cowboy had removed the ABS bulb due to a problem with the system.

after fitting a bulb and checking the fuse I done the diagnostic checks it gave me fault code 31 and 32 which is the 2 front wheel speed sensors so I removed them and clean all dirt and metal filings stuck to the magnets and pushed the cv joints back and cleaned the cogs, put it back together and it was only reading 32 which is the n/s wheel speed sensor so instead of running out and spending 135 quid on a new sensor I tried swapping the sensors over to see if the fault code would switch to the other side but it didnt its still coming up code 32 even after resetting the fault codes so I know its not the sensor.

Is there anything I've missed/not tried?

thanks

Alan vbrep_register("587422")progress.gif

ABS on these can be a proper pain, I actually had the same probelm when I bought mine with the bulb having ben removed. After changing the same sensor twice I gave up then the abs miraculously started working.

There is a procedure for resetting the abs as it needs to "learn" again so to speak, disconnect the battery or pull out the abs fuse and leave it for a good 30 mins, then take the car out and use the brakes hard a good few times then turn off and restart the car and hopefully it should now work.

PS You don't need to open multiple threads with the same question.