hay fitted hdi fmic boosts fine through out range til i get to around 9 - 10 psi range and it starts miss fireing and there is a power loss and exhaust popping? any ideas wht this might be!? running stock engine with blitz nur spec atm cheers

hay fitted hdi fmic boosts fine through out range til i get to around 9 - 10 psi range and it starts miss fireing and there is a power loss and exhaust popping? any ideas wht this might be!? running stock engine with blitz nur spec atm cheers

check your pipes mate

is it a new front mount ??

Cant see how the front mount would cause this, chances are you have knocked something fitting it i would think, do the usual check plugs and leads etc. Do you have an acurate boost gauge, sure its not fuel cut? You done a diagnostics check?

firstly is the engine management light on?

if so get a diagnostic reading

only other thing off the top of my head is on the pipe going into throttle body part near the inlet theres an outlet to fit a dumpvalve too. is this blocked off correctly. e.g Dump valve, blanking plate etc

if not there might be a leak

thats all i can think of

try reseting the ecu it worked on mine and my mates skyline, disconnect the negitive terminal on the battery and put your light on for a couple of mins to drain any excess power out the system

Its probably fuel cut, what kind of boost gauge is it as it may not be completely accurate. Plus the level of fuel cut can vary slightly boost wise from car to car as its triggered by the map sensor voltage.

The symptoms you're desribing are fuel cut though so I expect its that.

hay mate its an autogauge but its spot on because i work on aircraft and when are gauges get checked i bung it in for a quick accuracy check and its fine! but bit of progress found out its creep followed by fuel cut so now making a restriction for the airfilter jus tested it and it seemed to solve the problem because im only after a temp fix til i get new engine and fuel setup, turbo etc