Yet Another Clutch Problem! :-(

Right....after gettin my car back this afternoon with the new release bearing fitted i now have another problem. When in 1st gear or reverse pulling away and i lift the clutch to the bite it makes a grinding/whining noise and feels like its not biting properly, a classic example of this is on a hill start when you have to ride the clutch a bit more than usual, it goes mad and starts whining away!!! Anyone know what it could be?? Hope its nothing too serious as ive had to spent shit loads out for this car recently.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

Joe

have had the clutch on for quite a few thousand miles (maybe 5-6k) and its only started doing this within the last week. I reckon it could be a gearbox problem..... :thumbsup:

Gonna change the gearbox oil on saturday so we'll see if that makes any difference

Can anyone help at all??

Thanks,

Joe

You could also try adjusting the biting point of the clutch by adjusting the pedal, its simple to do, stick your head down in the footwell you'll see a bolt on the clutch pedal which you can adjust, yu just loosen the nut there then thread the bar to move the bite up or down.

It sounds like the clutch is slipping or not disengaging preoperly but since its just when pulling away it could be the release bearing.

Deffo not the release bearing as ive only just had a new one fitted, and definatley not a slipping clutch as i know what that feels like and its really responsive in gearing down (really bites into gear) This leads me to believe it could be gearbox trouble! :blink::thumbsup:

Cheers though mate, i'm gonna look into it more, any more thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Joe