Ello People Im New And Looking For A Starlet!

alright im scott,

Im going to be looking at buying a Toyota Starlet Glanza V as soon as my current car sell's (suzuki swift 1.3gl 2006 - if anyone interested!) lol, im going to have around £5000 to spend, and will be looking for one in EXTREMELY good condition with mileage as far below 60k as possible.. has anyone got anything that i should look out for with starlets or are they pretty sound all round car's ?

thanks everyone

Just stick to the basic common sense rules when buying a used second hand car mate. Check the oil, fluids...etc Check all service history and when last service was done, make sure its had at least oil and oil filter change..etc..etc. Do a HPI check, avoid anything which has had a knock as their tough cars but not THAT tough if you see what i mean, a bump could mean structural damage, so always nice to have one which has no accident damage.

Their a very tough car, engine's are very tough and reliable.

In my opinion, it is best to go for somthing which hasnt already been modified (unless new import) as it may be a sign its had a hard life.

I know a guy who wanted £4.5k for his modified Glanza V running a hybrid CT9...........and it wasnt worth £100 in my opinion, and i told him that too.

Just gotta have your wits about you dude.

Cheers, i've seen one on the internet (Glanza v) in black with only mods being... 16" Ray engineering wheels, and a TRD cat back exhaust system and turbo timer totally standard apart from that, it's a fresh import and done 68674miles, and its mint, got pictures of it underneave and its oil been wax oiled and sealed before it come over to this country and looks like a brand new car, bit higher mileage then i really wanted to be onest but does look like a well looked after one

got to wait for my car to sell first before i can buy one though :D lol

Welcome to UKSC mate :D

As for looking for a nice example its not all about the mileage, my mate bought a Glanza not so long ago with 32k on it and since owning it he has done a turbo and recently done the rings in on it so its not all about the mileage so just becareful.

£5k will get you a MINT example with some top mods on it.

Take Alex's for example... Clicky

One of the best examples on UKSC in my opinion and I have seen the car in the flesh a number of times and even been a passenger a few times and its one impressive motor alot of people on here will vouch for that.

Its worth spending a bit extra and getting alot more for the extra you pay for.

It may have more miles on it but that means nothing considering its been fitted with a forged motor which is barely run in :D

Plus all the other goodies and the fact it has had a full respray, wouldnt even think its a 96 car going on the bits I just pointed out :D

Hope you make a good decision ;)

Welcome to UKSC mate ;)

As for looking for a nice example its not all about the mileage, my mate bought a Glanza not so long ago with 32k on it and since owning it he has done a turbo and recently done the rings in on it so its not all about the mileage so just becareful.

£5k will get you a MINT example with some top mods on it.

Take Alex's for example... Clicky

One of the best examples on UKSC in my opinion and I have seen the car in the flesh a number of times and even been a passenger a few times and its one impressive motor alot of people on here will vouch for that.

Its worth spending a bit extra and getting alot more for the extra you pay for.

It may have more miles on it but that means nothing considering its been fitted with a forged motor which is barely run in ;)

Plus all the other goodies and the fact it has had a full respray, wouldnt even think its a 96 car going on the bits I just pointed out :p

Hope you make a good decision ;)

The man speaks sense! Fantastic car that one! Needs to go to a good home :p

Welcome by the way.