I came across this today on the net and done a little more searching and it turns out that this actualy works. im refereing to the coolant bypass on the throttle body for anybody who is unfamiliar with it. has anybody done this in there starlet?

Coolant runs thru the TB to stop the valve freezing in cold conditions, but it may also cause the air being taken in to the engine to be warmed up.....good mod for those in a hot country not sure on gains though.

told my mate and he done it on his civic as they have the coolant lines running right through the front of the TB. and it realy was cooler. he joined the tubes together with a scrap bit of aluminium tube. cooler is better so ill be doin the same tomorrow.

no just remove the two coolant lines running to the TB and connect them together with a tube of some sort. you might want to clamp the coolant lines with some mole grips so they dont leak. to tidy things up you can connect the two exposed lines from the throttle body with a piece of hose. simples :thumbsup:

we do this on the 3sgte engine in the mr2 and celica and the intake manifold drops a noticable difference in temperature. Not sure what it will do in realtime applications but i did notice about a 8-10 degree drop on my power fc readout for airtemp.

but with the coolant going around the TB its going to raise it to 85-90 degree's which is going to effect air temps. Never had an issue with the 3sgte ones i've done so can't see the 4efte having issues either.

Everylittle helps

Tim

TB Developments