Help Does Anybody No This Car?

this may be me being paranoid but check a few things that concern me

1) "MOT TIL SEPTEMBER MAYBE OCTOBER"- check which one it should be a definiate answer not a maybe (i know that might be me being picky but things like that make me think things might be fishy lol)

2) "JUST HAD ENGINE CHANGE" WHY?HOW LONG AGO? this concerns me makes me thing its been driven like a twat and blown. this would concern me lol

3) "COMES WID THE SPARE ENGINE WHICH HAS A HEAD PROBLEM" If it was a head problem why was it not just fixed? why put a whole new engine in it?

4) "BASICALLY CAR HAS TO GO" Again me being picky maybe but this to me seems fishy as well why so pushy that it needs to go lol

5)"BATTRY IS WEAK BUT STILL STARTS THE MOTA EVERY TIME" Again id check it is just a weak battery not a knackered starter motor etc etc

6)"FAN BELT SQUEAKS A TINY BIT BUT FINK THIS IS DUE TO THE BATTRY" sorry is it me or would a weak battery not cause a fan belt to squeak?

7) "CV'S NEED RE-GREASING" if they need regreasing the damage on the cv joint might already be fooked which could cause problems further on in life lol

As you can see if this were me id be wary about this just by analysing the advert. everything might be fine but i strongly reccomend you really dig deep and look at everything on this car just to be safe

hope this helps bud

well i text him saying mot it for a year and al buy it but he said its cheap enough already i was going to reply saying put it through a test and i will pay so at least i would know if its a dog or not as i live in n/e scotland so quite a lot of hastle to find out its a bucket

p.s. the chavy writing kinda put me off aswell

well i text him saying mot it for a year and al buy it but he said its cheap enough already i was going to reply saying put it through a test and i will pay so at least i would know if its a dog or not as i live in n/e scotland so quite a lot of hastle to find out its a bucket

p.s. the chavy writing kinda put me off aswell

Yup being a long way away from it is a pain to. If you go see it and its a rust bucket you just wasted how much on petrol. Yeah i bet hes about 20 - 21 and ragged the ass off it :rolleyes:

Seems dodgy to me. If he won't put an MOT on it, I don't think I would personally want to buy it. Why would he not want to do it for you? Even if you paid him to do it.

I would MOT my car if I was selling it so people would have piece of mind.

Plus as Badass has mentioned, to me all those points seem suspicious.

i sent them a few questions on ebay, asking for the full spec, and was told, if i want to know the full spec, come and view it

i then explained i was in scotland, didnt wanna travel to view a dog, when i could view one in the local scrappy, and got no reply

theres a thread on TGTT aswell, same stories lol

otherwise, some1 local go view it, or dont bother buying that on ebay,

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to be honest I would rather say that it's a sad motor in need of some love and care. If I didn't have the automatic gt I would probably have bargain it around 1300- 1400. Then put in a new battery, new cvs and change all the belts, then get it through mot. But that's suppose if lol, it might have been a bucket lol. Good bArgain for a track car project though.

• 2 weeks later...
1) "MOT TIL SEPTEMBER MAYBE OCTOBER

2) "JUST HAD ENGINE CHANGE

3) "COMES WID THE SPARE ENGINE WHICH HAS A HEAD PROBLEM

4) "BASICALLY CAR HAS TO GO

5)"BATTRY IS WEAK BUT STILL STARTS THE MOTA EVERY TIME

6)"FAN BELT SQUEAKS A TINY BIT BUT FINK THIS IS DUE TO THE BATTRY

7) "CV'S NEED RE-GREASING

1. Guy doesnt know the mot.. obv he doesnt look at the car often.

2. Hes a lazy sod that thought engine change is quicker than a head repair.

3. He seems like a jake ball cant afford to fix it.. IE, he knows theres more repairs needed to the car but wont mention because there premature and havent broke only on the way out.

4. Battery has gone soft.. ie the car hasnt been run in more than 2 weeks.

5. squeeks... he needs a new alternator belt.

6. cv joints dont need RE-greasing... if thats the case his cv boots are burst... by that no doubt with this guy leaving it so long youll need new cv joints..

Give this guy a wide berth.. unless you plan to spend loads on repairs.

well said ross

i wouldnt even want to buy it as a track car TRD, track cars take more stick than road cars so why buy a car which is already half shagged lol. if i was going to buy a car for tracking id get cheapish one thats been better looked after then track prepare it from there lol wouldnt buy it from someone who sounds like a complete dodgy cowboy