Project: Here We Go Again

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha thanks guys, Yeah it should be on the road in a month or so but unfortunatly not by japfest :lol: did some tracktime at the 2008 japfest and loved it.

Just got loads of time consuming annoying jobs like making brackets and now i need to find a smaller rad fan ect, you do somthing then realise you need something else ect, after its running i need to get a MOT then mapped then it will be finished :thumbsup:

Ryan: The only problem i had with the cams was the groove for the circlip by the pully was to small so i spent about 2 hours carefull rubbing it down and my clearence was right on the limit. apart from that it was fine, well as good as can be but i havnt started it up yet lol. what problems are people having with the cams/springs then buddy?

heres a few links from tgtt, the timing marks dont line up, its near on impossible to time them up.

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showth...peedvision+cams

and people aint getting the valve spring base pressure checked and it ends up wearing away the cam lobs or braking the springs,

i was told buy the company that built my head the springs wouldnt work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Havnt updated for a while, i had it dynod a while back and we didnt manage to get a proper reading as it kept spinning up in the rollers as soon as it hit around 5.5k which is a bit dissapointing as i would of loved to see what it was making at 8K but i will get another reading soon when its strapped down a little more.

IMG_0219.jpg

Im hoping for around 290bhp as i had 265bhp before and have since changed the cams and springs so it will rev to 8k, hybrid the TD04, gone standalone and had it mapped to v-power

• 6 months later...

Bit of an update, I've decided after around 5 years of owning this starlet it's time to move on and sell up, it's been a awesome motor and in all the years of abuse with no less than 250bhp at any point it's never let me down past a set of leads. So I'm away for the next 2 weeks and when I'm back I will be stripping it down, please don't message me now as I won't be able to reply but keep an eye open for the post going up as ther will be plenty of parts up for grabs :rolleyes: