Bit Of Help Needed Please?:)

got my car back on the road last sat evening after the head gasket going..

car was going mint wasnt loosing boost or nothing..i was even keeping up with my mates 2000 ibiza cupra r 1.8t :p ..

all i have done to the car since ive had it engine ways is change the head gasket and the exhaust cam due to the old one had a crack on the distributer side and a new timing belt.

i had drove the car for about 150-200km

then early sunday morning when i was stil out driving it,i started hearing a wee noise...

like a tapity noise..it was very quiet though i drove for about 1 more mile and it was slightly up hill but i could hear the noise geting worse then the car started fireing on 3 cylinders??

i thought i beter not drive this so put it in the feild beside the road and got it picked up by mate and his tow lorry on sunday afternoon..

got it in the garage took the i/c and the rocker off couldnt see any damage cheecked the clearances and on the inlet and exhaust they wer bout 0.006"?

i put it all back together started it up and it idled fine at 900...gave it a rev and ther was no noise so i thought il take it for a wee drive..i had it idling for about 5-10 mins before i took it out.

drove it about 200m but ther was stil no noise then it started fireing on 3 cylinders again(but stil no tapity noise) but i put it back in the garage.

i let it idle but it was only idling about 500 it was idling ther for a while but then it eventualy jsut climbed down 400 300 200 then cut out.

its almost like when the oil is hot it dosnt want to fire on 4?

could anyone at alll help me with this?

i had this problem mate.. 1 of my leads was arcing against the head.. that would make the "tapping" noise.. and also run it on 3 has the spark aint gettin to the plug.. check all the leads mate.. see if there is any white residue on any part of the lead..

nuh it was othe only thing i didnt...i was gna get them on the sat but by the time i got it goin it was to late to goto the shop to get them...and couldnt go on sunday as i had to come down to colage..back home friday to try and get it going and i should be able to get a compresion tester :p

i would say pull the plugs, and get the nick of them, didnt you change them when you dont the HG??

that would be my first place to look, and take it from there, and if you have a compression reader handy, take all cyl's whilst the plugs are out

what plugs and leads are you running mate? get the plugs out and have a look make sure youve not bent any of them down also wear and tear on your leads could cause this, i had a simmilar problem a while back, id say it was ignition related and you dont have much to worry about

Just check the leads mate.. if it is arcing you will see a small little burn mark on part of the rubber (well i did) .. look for any bare metal that is showing on the leads.. my tempory solution was to get some insulation tape and wrap that around the area... worked for me until i got a new lead :p