your putting up alot of post about little things that have been covered a million times... go into the tech section or click the search button and have a nosey through.

there was a massive thread on tgtt about the catch can... actuator has been done sooo much just type in actuator into the search bar :p

actuator:

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....ghlite=actuator

catch can:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29532

yes but not the answers i need...like this is a good example or a conventional pcv system:

pcv.jpg

id imagine the hose closest to the filter in the diagram on a starlet is were the recirc bov is...but when people have been plumbing in a oil catch tank to vent 2 atmosphere they have been plumbing this line into the tank!! the way in which you put the fumes back into the inlet mani you put a filter on this part of the rocker cover. but i want to vent 2 atmosphere though...and do it proplerly.

you c my what i mean??

does it matter if you dont get clean air into the system?? can you just use this port on the rocker as another way to vent out fumes??

is it possible to properly plumb in a catch tank to vent 2 atmosphere??

i dont mean 2 sound like im havin a whinge :p

and soz its in the wrong section i just thought it was relevent to the conversation

you shouldn't really vent to atmosphere as it can get frowned upon...it's not classed as illegal but there is no problem with it going back into the inlet mani otherwise why would toyota design something to work that way.

best way i know to run to catch can is:

1pipe of the pcv valve to catch can

2pipe from inlet mani to catch can

3rd run a filter of the rocker cover breather... as you stated you want to vent to atmospher so this way or having a filter on the catch can venting most variation of connecting will have the same effect.

the actuator will bleed off pressure from around 3psi (i think, i'm not sure what is it on a 4efte) and will fully open once the correct pressure is reached e.g. 11psi, 0.8bar.

the most efficient is to get a ebc as this can regulate the wastgate and can open/close to sout helping to reduce creep and aid in better and more accurate boost pressure