Advice Please!

I'm new, I dont even own a starlet yet but am looking been to see this one today http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT it had 88k, BOV, lowered 2.25" exhaust staight with ss backbox not a diy job rear dampers had and aduster on them and a TRD sticker but fronts looked standard good tires and clean unmarked wheels i checked usual stuff oil water leaks oil was clean water was pink? and it was dry underneth looked for smoke on start up.

now heres my question it wasnt registered yet and guy said it will be done moted and tax / service by next week but he hadn't even sent the docs off to register it yet is it really that quick to register an import, plus i couldnt drive it because of this. mow it looked really low uncomfy low but cant tell till i drive it, if its to hard what are my options if i do buy it and how hard are they to change thank.

looks fairly smart dude! i reckon its worth going back to have a test drive in it. the seat cud just be from loads of short trips, in and out of the car. or he cud be morbidly obese. loads of different reasons why.. you should be able to tell from general condition etc of the car.

as for suspension, to be honest if you want it better, and lower etc.. its guna be harder. GO HARD OR GO HOME :)

thanx jay, i think i will go back if the guy registers it in a decent time frame, the seat bolsters were the same on both side really deflated and misshaped but the cloth wasnt ripped or worn out i'll have to find a good used one if i buy it

Seems like a tidy car mate.. First things first.. call me a dick.. but you can insure it right ? aslong as you can then thats goood :)

Water is pink due to the coolant used id imagine and as jay says. You either have low n hard or standard and comfy.. theres not really a happy medium with coilovers etc.

Tis very cheap for a 98 model but i got my 96 relatively cheap at the time so you could well be lucky.. Its all about driving it though mate.. see how the clutch is, gearbox, turbo pull etc.

If you drive it and all is well id say go for it, wish examples like this were available when i bought mine. A year ago a payed more for a 96 spec with less.

I test drove mine on trade plates when it wasnt registered with no issues though so not sure whats happening there.

sooperd yes i can, quote of just short of £700 not bad i thought but i've full no claims and 28 so i'm past that age were they say no! car was clean inside and out other than a few stone chips and scuffs on the front lip right on the corners plus the seat bolsters nothing that cant be sorted plus might be able to knock him down abit it will need a cat 1 but i can do that np. thanks for the replys everyone think i'll just tell the wife she cant drive it lol then she cant complain about the ride.

sooperd yes i can, quote of just short of £700 not bad i thought but i've full no claims and 28 so i'm past that age were they say no! car was clean inside and out other than a few stone chips and scuffs on the front lip right on the corners plus the seat bolsters nothing that cant be sorted plus might be able to knock him down abit it will need a cat 1 but i can do that np. thanks for the replys everyone think i'll just tell the wife she cant drive it lol then she cant complain about the ride.

lol probs for the best! if a glanza is on stock springs, they look rather shite. have to be lowered!

check fluids dont disapear when hot, check for smoke on boost, check engine bay again after use, check for oil leaks all over engine inc under it. also carry out all the checks. make a list of all potential issues etc and get him down as low as you can :):)