Whiteline Rear Arb Help Please!

Hi guys and gals,

Okay so I'm gonna be fitting my RARB (non-adjustable) within the next few hours hopefully! Just 2 questions; I've taken a look at the fitting guide on AUStarletClub

(which doesn't seem to be working at the moment http://www.austarletclub.com/forums/lofive....php/t878.html)

but I was unsure of some things

1. How far up do you mount the L-shape brackets onto the chassis?

2. I know the main bar part which clamps onto the axle should slightly tilt upwards towards the back, but should the arms that link to the L-shape brackets be completely vertical or leaning towards the back of the car?

Here's a pic in case I'm not making any sense :)

RARB.jpg

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Amjad

When i fitted mine i fitted the L brackets so they fitted flush with the bottom of the chassis rails!! and from what i recall from the whiteline fitting instructions the links should be verticle!! just one word of warning though wheck that both side are positioned correctly before mounting as mine was very close to the exhaust hanger!!

When i fitted mine i fitted the L brackets so they fitted flush with the bottom of the chassis rails!! and from what i recall from the whiteline fitting instructions the links should be verticle!! just one word of warning though wheck that both side are positioned correctly before mounting as mine was very close to the exhaust hanger!!

Whiteline decided to put instructions for a strut brace in the package lol!

That's perfect Rob, thanks very much! I'll hop to it then! :thumbsup:

The more horizontal it is, the less effective the bar will be as the less force will be applied to the bar (basic moments - a perpendicular force creates the greatest force) - it needs to be perpendicular to the plane of the bar itself