Help with chosing 6x9's

Hey guys, just looking into getting some new 6x9's for the parcel shelf to run through my headunit which has 50watt x4. I've had a set of Pioneer 4-Way in my last Starlet, i was just wondering if anyone else can recommend a good set, i listen to a lot Drum and Bass so they need to have decent low frequency response. Any help appreciated. :p

my mates got a set of those and we were both running the same amps,

my kennys shat all over his infinitys,

was amazed at how much bass the kenwoods chucked our for a set of six by nines

Lucky buggers i didn't even have a radio in my glanza for a year, got it workin though just be for the jae show, only the rite side, left channel is busted, i still get it in stereo though if i try my head to hear both rite speakers lol!! any who, i had infinitys in me yaris sr, they had a nice all round range which i like, but my mate has got kenwoods in his car and as the g man says they are bassy, so if you want bass go for kens, all round then infinitys (bloody long winded weren't it)lol

Dont get 6x9s

Especially if you have subs etc as they get cancelled out by the subs

Front components all the way nice set of tweeters and crossovers make hell of a difference

At least you dont have to ruin your parcel shelf too

Well if you're on a budget or just cant be doing with subs then 6x9's are good for general all round listening, same with some decent fron components. I just have the infinity 6913i 6x9's and they were cheap, high quality and enough for all types of listening, mind you Im running of the head unit, so these run off an amp would be sweet, maybe not as bassy as the Kenwoods, but higher quality midrange and treble. Also its right to say that the subs will drown out your 6x9s a good bit so that is worth considering!

Peace Out

Joz

i wouldnt have 6x9's in the shelf if youre running a sub. end of story.

the air pressure in the boot will eventually destroy a set of 6x9's mounted in the shelf.

Rich.

i'd go an have a look at some infinity 9603's.

really good response, and if you look in the right places cost as little as £50

id def go 4 these I've got them in my starlet ther brilliant 4 bass sound quailty is ace. :p

ive got infinitys as well, acompanied by a mutant sub, amp, mutant components and tweeters. it sounds class for a budget system and would highly recommend them. if you set the levels up right then the 6x9s wont be drowned out and the sub will just be there for back up on the big base drops. keirz