Help needed please

sorry to steal your post rob (J18RSA) im a newbie here to and also looking in to a starlet as an upgrade is drasticly needed from my fiesta but does anyone know the official stats for the sr (BHP, 0-60 weight etc etc) im supposed to be going to sunderland to look at

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_...200631101224715

but im not wanting to loose speed just ££££££££££££'s of tax and insurance

many thanks rob

no worries rob all helpfull stuff to no to a starlet newb

Seen Martins car on tgtt and gotta say i love it :p

@ J18RSA any of those wheels would look lush, the ones on that civic are Rotas and i think Glanza Ragger has them and look really nice. Im going for an angled Jap can too :lol:

@shelly i think he is going for a glanza Rep :lol:

yea they are rota slip streams in matt black spoon sprot rep's

lift off oversteer? starlets are understeering little bitches, they hate oversteering, little gits :p

bloody solid rear suspension crap

that problem is easily rectified if you purchase a rear arb,

then its fairly easy to provoke lift off over stear with ease.

@rob

that starlet in that autotrader advert looks soo minted mate :lol:

im gona do a write up on stats when the new site gets launched rob

put breifly put all na ep91s makes 75bhp(1.3 4efe,) you can tune them to about 90 easily enuf

the 1.5 5efe(100bhp) from the paseo is probably the easiest swap there is as you unplog the old engine and ecu, fit the new engine and plug in the new ecu,

the looms are the same bar one sensor.

the standard na weighs about 860kgs, the same as an ep82 gt turbo.

@J18sra you would need to modify the bumper and bonnet to fit the lights, ive never seen it done before but it would look minted,

both those wheels whould look minted on an na starlet

thanks for your help guys waht sort of modds take it to the 90 bhp area usual exhaust, filter and much after that? wow it weighs at least 100 kilo less than my fez which is nice. and with the power being around the same if the starlet is running 90 bhp. su it should be a fair bit nippier. with half the insurance.

Hi mate :p

You will defo need the jdm tubular intake manifold from an older corolla which is all the rage with us n/a EP91'rs, it is a must have if you want to mod your n/a on the road to 90. Do a search on the site and you will find more info on it and most importantly how to obtain it!

I am more keen on upgrading the suspension which I have done!

Filter is not a big advantage, more of a disadvantage if u want an induction cone, the k&n panel filter is the best for performance and a good induction filter like the apexi will give you more sucking noise and grunt but more flatspots until you get past 2000-2500 rpm.

You will need to do a few more things, but I'll leave that to you :lol:

Peace Out

Joz

yay i have got one needs some tlc but £590.00 :p mint all day long and its white so i can start jdm in it up ha ha.

found it on autotrader so now i need a white wing and bonnet or black bonnet....

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...ia?id=357159977

1997 TOYOTA STARLET 1.3 Sportif 3dr [PAS] Hatchback

51,500 miles, White. low tax and insurance bracket. Taxed May '07, MOT Dec '06. Needs some body attention hence price. £795. ono

Nice find mate! :p

Let us know how you get on with reconditioning the bodywork and what your plans are!

Peace Out

Joz

will do i have allready put my civic's 17's on just till i can get the wheels i wont need to get an adaptor lead so i can fit my alpine head unit 2 pop down to work hopefully they will have one

bloody hell, just seen this thread!

you say you wrote the civic off @ santa pod?

on the drag strip?! theres ....

no front end :p:lol:

i wrote it of the week before santa pod i was getting it ready for the weekend it was not as bad as the pic look's i did not even damage the rad but as the roof was creased there seemed no point being gentle strippeng ti down so we ripped the front end out to get the engine out :lol:

1st mod fitted my alpine head unit into the car

Rite then because it look's like a roller scate and i dont like the way it feel's on 17's i have ordered these rota jspl in white 15 inch 2nd proper mod

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/product_details_...=1&pcd_id=2

spent all day today cleaning the thing found it easyer too remove the seats and interior to do the job properly pic's coming soon (awaiting upload on photo bucket

here we go then like i said the car i dont think had ever been cleaned so lots of hot soapy water and dash cleaner and stuff i decided to make life easier to take it all out to clean it up and i think yhey had a dog and smoked it was an all dayer.......

DSC03937.jpg

DSC03934.jpg

DSC03935.jpg

DSC03936.jpg

but it came up good in the end :)

DSC03943.jpg

here it is with the 17's on might not be so bad if it was lowered but for what i wont it for the 15's will be fine just need to sell theses now so i can get more bits for the starlet

DSC03941.jpg

DSC03939.jpg

sorry about the bottom 2 pics i will have to take some better ones

DSC03942.jpg

The bump strips are stuck on bro with dark silicone type adhesive!

Easy to remove the large parts, but the residue left is a tough job to remove but can be done eventually!

A small hairdryer is what I used to get them loose enough to remove.

Peace Out

Joz

Them wheels look pretty cool and would look even better if it was lowered

But its all down to taste i dont think id put 17s on a starlet because reall you need aggressive bumpers and that to go with it which aint the look im going for

Good job of cleaning the car by the way mate :)

Them wheels look pretty cool and would look even better if it was lowered

But its all down to taste i dont think id put 17s on a starlet because reall you need aggressive bumpers and that to go with it which aint the look im going for

Good job of cleaning the car by the way mate :)

chears fella i no what you mean about the rims i wont moree of a jdm street sleeper look about it

liking the beginning of the starlet journey mate.

real bad luck about the civic though mate... it looked mint.

you should find all the info you need on here.

good luck! :)

Rich.