cheers, think i'll give the scaffolding a miss.

would there be a noticible difference in power with the de-cat or will it just be louder. been told it may add about 10bhp but also been told it will only be a couple.

id have thought only a couple/few ...

N/A with some back pressure = good

N/A with a decat and totally free flowing exhaust = bad

its not as important to have a decat on a n/a as it is with a turbo matey.

you may gain a couple but it wouldnt really be worth it in my opinion.

Should defo be louder though.

Cheers mate. i will give it a miss then, cuz my car is loud enough at the minute and if its just gonna be extra noise and no power gains its not really worth it. think il save the money for something more important, like going to the pub.

lol sounds like a plan mate.

if i had a n/a id probably sort out the air induction, leads, plugs, corolla throttlebody , maybe a magnex exhaust because they allways give a nice power gain etc... or jus save the cash for the turbo conversion.

be different and supercharge it :p rotrex stylee

Mate I've heard Shauns n/a with decat and straight thru and its not alot louder than mine, sounds well nice though wen its pops :p

Its aslo gets rid of the flatspot in the mid range in first and second so definite perfomance gain but probably only 3-5bhp

turbo conversion was top of my list and i have the money for it now, seen the one on fensport and my cousin would fit it. my car has quite high miles and paintwork isn't perfect. then there is always insurance, im being robbed now so soon as i mention turbo conversion they would prob wet themselves.

the money is being saved for a glanza. got good plans for one which involves lots of carbon fiber, and not so much interior. should have the money in about 6 months, if i manage to curb the spending on my n/a.

keirz

exhaust related parts are more delicate on N/A car. most brand name exhausts have contractions and bends designed intentionally for a particular engine (the right back pressure, air flow, etc).

so someimtes, these custom decats and stuff like that leave you with mixed feelings, unsure if there was a gain. Or if, you gained some top end, and lost lots of low-mid range power.

Also the new beefier note can fool you into thinking and feeling more power.

On my previous 2 N/A cars whenever I changed the exhaust system (with cat and stuff but more flowing) it sounded cooler, but whenever i took it to the 1/4 mile strip it only felt slightly slower in the long run.