last nyt/this morning..il be honest i gave my car a wee boot but it was on low boost and was a very small boot as in it wasnt even 1/2 a mile..i started hearing a wee noise that got a wee bit louder so i stoped.

phone one of my mates...he came over in his car and told me it was my big ends.

droped the sump off it today..oil was as metalic as the paint on my car.

from hearing the faint sound that eventualy got worse i only drove about 1.5 miles.

do you think i would get away with changing the bearings or will the crank be scored etc..

when i start the car you cant hear it..it only sounds like a tractor after about 1700rpm

last nyt/this morning..il be honest i gave my car a wee boot but it was on low boost and was a very small boot as in it wasnt even 1/2 a mile..i started hearing a wee noise that got a wee bit louder so i stoped.

phone one of my mates...he came over in his car and told me it was my big ends.

droped the sump off it today..oil was as metalic as the paint on my car.

from hearing the faint sound that eventualy got worse i only drove about 1.5 miles.

do you think i would get away with changing the bearings or will the crank be scored etc..

when i start the car you cant hear it..it only sounds like a tractor after about 1700rpm

im not sure if the crank shaft will be scored but if it is i beleave the 4efe

crank shaft is the same as the the 4efte crank shaft my friend works at toyota

and his bottom end whent and he used the 4efe crank and its been all good since

so i cant see it been to hard for to get hold of one everyone always gos for the

4efe crank and get charge a bomb do a bit more resurch as im not 100% sure if im

rong im sure someone will let me know and put me right :wacko:

ooooo bad one.. i managed to find an engine...no manifolds or anything just the engine..91k km £200?

planing keeping my engine for a forge project now :wacko:...ive got a spare 4efte in the garage as ive got a 5efhe head on the curent engine.

i had serious bottom end rttling. turned the car off and let it cool right down to cold. struck her up and drove at 20 all the way home in low revs dor half a mile to my house and luckily all that was wrong was 1 bottom end shell had gone replaced it and was fine so you might be lucky dude

i was guted when my mate came and told me what it was...felt like crying lol.

anyone ever taken the engine outo a ep82? is it resonably easy or quite hard..

ive done an engine conversion in my 106 so i have sum knowledge..il keep my build thread updated when i start dismanteling the best :wacko:

its horrible but not the end of the world. if you'd have thrashed it more after hearing the noise and ignored it and pushed a rod through the block then new engine deffo needed lol so its not as bad as it could have been lol

well sounds to me like you stopped just in time. the more you drive it like that the worse it gets. starts with a little shell etc and progressively works its way up so hope you got there just in time dude just replace the big ends rods shells etc and you should be good to go again lol