hey guys,

I've bought a spare engine that im going to be building up over the next year that i want to be "mental" its going to be a quarter mile and track car and i want to get everything out of this engine i can.now I've never built a starlet turbo engine before more used to ford cvh and zetec turbo's so wouldnt mind a good list to point me in the right direction.

any help greatly appreciated

Wiseco Racing Piston Rings, Pins and Clips

Scat Forged Conrods with ARP 2000 Connecting Bolts

Zep/Cruise Metal Head gaskets (available in many different sizes to suit your application

New Complete Cambelt/Tensioner/Idler Kit

New Head Bolts

New Toyota Full Engine Gasket Set

New Toyota Oil Seals

New Water Pump

New Toyota Oil Pump

New Oil Pressure Switch

New Thermostat

New Toyota Valve Stem Oil Seals

New Uprated ACL Bearings ( Mains, Bigends and Thrusts)

Crank Reground(if needed) and Polished

Block Professionally Rebored and Crosshatch Honed

Cylinder Head Professionally Rebuilt

Block chemically Cleaned and Painted

Rocker Cover Chemically cleaned and Painted

thers a list of what the tm development team do to ther forge engines..says its good for 400bhp but obv depending on turbo,ecu,fuel system etc

:p

What are you expecting from it? Epic power?

If you are putting it in a Starlet anyway, aside from engine build, if its a sprinter it needs to be lightweight. So while your at building the engine, lighten the loom and remove stuff you dont need (air bag wires for example). That and remove everything from the interior (rear anyway) and then get a lightweight seat and remove carpet, sound deadening, door cards etc etc.

Engine wise, you just want to be building for power so you want a good manifold, descent turbo, intercooler and things. Fueling you also need to get right. I vote viewing threads in the builds section like these :

Pav's Glanza

Nightspirit's Trackstar

Jaystar's Beast GT

And in EP82 Builds, theres a few threads of projects made my Gaz_turbo1.. recommended read through his topics, some outstanding work going on from him!

cheers for the help guys so far :p turbo will be gt28 for now see what the engine runs like on that.and yes once i get onto the rest of the car i will post pics up ect.but there will be no dash well custom made one with something like a aim digital dash and not 100% sure on engine managment yet possible something like pectel or emerald. there will be nothing in the car other than 12 point cage and 2 carbon seats extremly uncomfy but we dont build these cars for comfort do we lol.it will be my first time tuning such a small engine and a jap car but hopefully will see good results :p.

ill be doing alot of head work with a friend of mine who has seen amazing results with other heads he has done ( head flow over 650hp) and all done by hand.

for quarter mile id reccomend a quick spooling turbo. although the td04's etc are good for big power they dont spool up as quick as say a hybrid/td12 turbo etc so just think what you want i.e better acceleration or good top end power

for quarter mile id reccomend a quick spooling turbo. although the td04's etc are good for big power they dont spool up as quick as say a hybrid/td12 turbo etc so just think what you want i.e better acceleration or good top end power

GT28 running with something like a emerald standalone and some shit hot ebc, wont be spoolong much later then a td04 on bad managment full :harhar: boost by about 4.5k plus some silly massive bang from that tubby... good for quarter mile, might not be so efficient on track though.

to be honest mate i dont like tdo4's/5s at all i dont no why but alot of people with starlets all seem like sheep some gets one then they all follow and not many people seem to have used other turbos like a gt28.60 or something like a t25/28. was looking at using a gt28 but obvs on gt spec turbos anti lag cannot be used so then i stated looking at the t25/28 ok its good for about 320bhp max but can be used with anti lag and is smaller than a td04 but can still have 2bar of boost chooked at it all day long :thumbsup: .

Lag doesnt matter on a drag car, your always going to be at the top of the rev range where all the power is...

Hence why all drag supra/skylines run silly large singles like T88's/GT42's etc, as response isnt important.