Mr2 Turbo - Starlet Sportif

haha if you have about 30k plus then yeah it will fit...

there is ALOT if work needed to get it to fit and run smoothly, there are threads on it if you do a search.

i would explain more but long story short it's just not worth the hassle to be honest.

Hasn't some one on TGTT done it?

yeah Dan3sgte has done it, but it has taken years and it still isnt complete.

main problem is obviously engine size, then you have gearbox/tamsmition issues.

front end grip, what wheels discs to run... the list goes on and on.

it wont cost as much as some people say it does...

I think you could do it for about 4K, and that included a quote i got for a space framed front end :lol:

thats a ridiculously cheap price... i spoke to Jules and Luke about it quite a few times and Luke sized it all up, including the space frame front end and came in just short of around 30k... but that did include a full gt4 running gear/ chassis work

Luke wanted/said it would just be alot easier to drop a Glanza shell over an st185..

You'd have to be mental to pay 30k lol.

I was quoted 2k to build a space framed front to fit any engine.. And that was a CAD designed etc. Fitted/coated.. Then obviously engine/box/shafts/wiring.. 4k may be a little tight, but you could defo get all the major stuff done..

there is a guy near me who has it done, plenty of pics of it aswell, he paid a place in london to do it, believe it cost shy of 15k, and that was a toyota tuning company doing the work,

so the 30k quotes,..... rediculous. oh, and it was about 2 years ago i believe, so one of the first to do it,

hmm perhaps i miss herd the quotations then, i kinda thought to myself that 30k seemed alot lol. but still it's not the most cost effective route by any means

i dont know mate, if you put the work in yourself, i reckon you could have it for 10k, maybe under, im not too clued up on what needs to be done. now to build a starlet to 300bhp plus, for 10k or under, and then be able to say, well its reliable, is a good thing.