Spun My Glanza Last Night

spun my first car last night lucky as hell i am didnt do any damage spun it doing about 70 i was spinging about 10mph thats after i spun a few times and slowed down and went up on a kurb my tracking aint out or any new noises so i think that was my lucky warning the back end when proper sides ways to come right around try to power down and flick it other way just wasnt hapining thank god i still got my glanza wont be doing it again :thumbsup:

If you dont know your own car it will have you i think is the best thing to do is spin ya car i going into round about all the time and let the front end go paly with it on and off the throttle when you come on and off the throttle you get engine brake at the front end then the back end become,s lighter then start playing with that to not bean to aggressive though.At this time of year if you dont know your own car it will have you

you need to know its limits thats my apinion anyway lol :thumbsup:

Looks like in your avatar your still on standard steelies? If there anything like sportif steelies I image they will try and kill you at every chance.

yep indeed ive got standard toyota alloys on mine atm(the ones about as wide a bicycle wheels lol) with brand new tyres on and they have about as much grip as ice cubes in the wet, very dangerous

LSD FTW!!

My GT hardly ever has a hint of oversteer, only once on track at Japfest where I lifted off in the wet, got a good video of it aswell :thumbsup: lol

On the other hand my n/a was really bad although I didnt get my coilovers aligned proffesionally :) lol

LSD FTW!!

My GT hardly ever has a hint of oversteer,...

Thats because your not driving it hard enough :thumbsup: haha lol. An LSD wont really cure understeer.

but im amazed you managed to spin at 70?? and survive?? and not hit anything??? lol

what happened?? lol

if you spin your doing it wrong

heres me :thumbsup:

doing it right ;)

Driversideways.jpg

Theres a capri in front of me not going sideways :S (i think he was gay or something)

and behind me is my mate jonny in his 440bhp astra GSI (struggling to keep up ofcourse :))

Respect the weather..... Slow Down...

Better Late in this life than Early in the next!

very well said dude

I have heard that LSD will actually reduce oversteer?

Oh well in that case GT FTW :)

you are correct gt's ftw haha and i agree lew lSD is the way forward its on the big list of things to do to mine lol it helps so much with traction.

as for the spinning guys all im going to say is know your cars limits. if you go round a bend and te back end steps out thats the car telling you your driving on its limit so slow down lol dont want anyone else on here getting injured in this certainly close to come bad weather lol

LSD won't do anything for oversteer Lewis, if anything, it'll exacerbate it! By attempting to put power onto the outside front wheel the car will try to yaw around the corner, trying to swing out the tail. How much did each of your cars have removed from the tail, that'd be telling :) Also, too stiff a rear shock combination, the more susceptible it is to lift-off oversteer.

I had some gung-ho dori styles going on at a trackday at Silverstone, like, the instant I rotated the front tyres to the rear...wasn't amusing, as, like, every corner was met with full opposite lock! Impressed I kept that up for like, half a days session before spinning off...then I got bored and put the tyres where they belonged ;)

Never had a loss of control on the roads

if you car is front wheel drive it will always oversteer and there is fuck all you can do about it lol that,s part of the fun know lsd in the world will help if anything it will make things more scary couse 2wheels are trying to get the power down instead of one

and it push the car therthe away into a corner

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED ITS MINT ITS PROBLY BEEN POSTED BEFOR

it'll exacerbate it! By attempting to put power onto the outside front wheel the car will try to yaw around the corner, trying to swing out the tail.

i can totaly vouch for that, once i ftted a fresh quafe to the ep i found this was easily possible in wet or greezy conditions. sort of feels like the start of a 4wd power slide.

another way to get the back end out,

also left foot braking with a fresh lsd on a twisty road opens up a whole new dimension of grip by priming the diff going into the corners. it takes practice but its really rewarding.

Left-foot braking is scary, tried it a couple of times on some downhill switchbacks, the back-end suddenly becomes very "apparent" if you understand, kind of swings out, straightening out the corner exit...needs a loooooot of practice for it not to kill you

Thats because your not driving it hard enough :) haha lol. An LSD wont really cure understeer.

but im amazed you managed to spin at 70?? and survive?? and not hit anything??? lol

what happened?? lol

It will, i have one in my new one, and after driving back to back LSD and NON LSD i can say understeer has been greatly reduced. They dont cure it completely as that comes down to the way the car transfers weight during cornering, but well worth fitting (apart from the horrible clunking noise around tesco car park lol)

I've spun my SR a few times, in the first week I had it just learning the levels of grip in the wet on a roundabout. I'm pretty confident I've found the limits on it now :) like evryone said especially going into winter you need to know the limits of the car or it will bite you one day! And more importantly coming into winter - everyone needs just slow down a bit, drive at like 50%, maybe less on really cold days just to be on the safe side. I should know, got lift-off in my first car (206 1.1) on December 26th at 3 in the morning! Was not amusing rolling five times into a field. Needless to say that was a write-off! ;)

i can totaly vouch for that, once i ftted a fresh quafe to the ep i found this was easily possible in wet or greezy conditions. sort of feels like the start of a 4wd power slide.

another way to get the back end out,

also left foot braking with a fresh lsd on a twisty road opens up a whole new dimension of grip by priming the diff going into the corners. it takes practice but its really rewarding.

Yea I knew it did something like that.... 4 wheel drift is sooooo easy to correct though, dont even need to counter steer.

It will, i have one in my new one, and after driving back to back LSD and NON LSD i can say understeer has been greatly reduced. They dont cure it completely as that comes down to the way the car transfers weight during cornering, but well worth fitting (apart from the horrible clunking noise around tesco car park lol)

We are talking about oversteer mate unless you wrote understeer by mistake :)

Anyway couldnt resist posting this up :p 17 secs and 1:32 :D (ignore the squeaking its wind coming through my window :p )

As Rubix said respect your cars and weather....every year we have numerous threads where people bump their cars this time of year ;)

especially over here you really gotta slow down as the roads are crap, big puddles dark nights makes for some interesting driving techniques lol best to drive with a spotter hehe. but yeah i agree know thy cars limits and should the shit hit the fan you should be in a greater position to deal with the situation. i learnt the ep driving craft in an sr starlet less power, learning about lift off oversteer and speeds and conditions that cause it. now more power but the lift off oversteers the same so its easier to know how the car will react to inputs just my two pence.

i spun my car a few time last xmas end up parking it in a ditch and i was going slow in the frost was funny as i had to get my mum to pull me out in the skoda which it didn't do very well spent half the time warming up the road ;)

the last car my vaxuhall chevette rwd :) i lost cost me an arm and a leg to fix as all the parts i damaged are hard to come by well the car is a 1982 this is the back after some work was done to fix it and pull out the dents i did get the front light wing and door and boat bumpers

Aftercrash-1.jpg