How To Fit Hid Kit

ok ive just done mine, the manual i got wasnt that helpful so i thought id make this.

would have put the pics on but my phones playing up

1. Take the rubber cover off your headlight bulb, and disconnect the 3 pin plug on it.

2. Take the bulb out and make the hole in the rubber cover a bit bigger so that the bulkier new hid bulb will fit through it.

3.Then unscrew the chrome bulb protector, and fit that in the headlight, and lock it down with the headlight clip.

4.Then replace the rubber cover, and put new hid bulb in and screw to tighten in place!

5. Next get the ballasts should have two or three wires coming off one big plug which will plug into the big loom you get with the kit.

6. All you do after you have both sides like this you can match the other wires in its easy from there!!

7. You will have to earth it on each side, and wire the one near the battery up to the live and neg

8. Check everythings plugged in (no loose plugs/wires) and try........

Im not brilliant at describing lol nut im sure its better than that manual!!! :lol:

these are 10000k: not as blue as id have thought....

pb070113.th.jpg

pb070111.th.jpgpb070118.th.jpg

Excellent mate, did you leave the old chrome bulb covers in the headlight?

I must be crazy because i got a big blue waterproof sheet and fitted mine in the pissing down 30 minutes ago lol =]

Will get some pics up later.

Also, could you take a pic or two to show where you mounted your ballasts? i got a bit impatient out in the cold & wet!

I must be crazy because i got a big blue waterproof sheet and fitted mine in the pissing down 30 minutes ago lol =]

Also, could you take a pic or two to show where you mounted your ballasts? i got a bit impatient out in the cold & wet!

ye i left the chrome protectors in the headlight, are you supposed to take em out?

and ye ill get some proper pics.

cheers for doin that pal!! spot on! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Yea mate, i'de like to get some ideas on where to mount the ballasts, not alot of choice lol

Yea mate, i'de like to get some ideas on where to mount the ballasts, not alot of choice lol

what i did because theres literally no room to screw it down, i just duck taped it round the washer filler bit and on the other side i duck taped it round my alarm. lol but its held it well, and just tidied up all the wires.

(make sure on the offside light, the wires dont touch the powersteering pulley, because it will burn straight through it!!)

ahah, nice. And what exactly did you do with the wires, Where did you hide them?/Run them through etc

I'm going to fit mine once it comes through lol, but untill then i want as much knowledge as possible, because sometimes i fail hard at stuff LoL

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted mine on the other day in the snow! Ok all is good duct taped it and stuff.

The beam is scattered all over the place lol, and it's still white not 12000K but they said it will take upto 50 hours to reach the promised colour etc.

Any ideas about the beam scatter other then the fact the car headlight was built for halogen not HID stuff?