Glanza Vs. Ibiza Cupra..

yeh i see what your saying totally

a 200 break ibiza is quick but say mines running 170-180bhp fully stripped out rear as well power to weight just tips the starlet in favour lol so it is possible

the leon cupras are a different story id agree totally with a stage one modded leon cupra with a remap on it will tear anything away

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a fully stripped rear wont make much of a difference the only real weight your losing is the spare wheel lol.

back seats aint so heavy lol thats why mines are still in. theres not much more weight you can lose in a car that weighs nothing already lol.

also if that was your case what if the ibiza had a fully stripped rear... it would still take your nose off.

leon cupra r's are 225 as standard.. exhaust decat map puts you just shy of 300.. talking about 290.

Remember if starlets were so RAPID everyone would choose then over scoobs evos.

starlets.. as i did disagree for ages.. are only about the nippy funness 1.3's only have so much oopfff

hmmmmm well they do weigh fuck all already but removint the rear and air con piping etc your looking at 50kg+ more weight out which makes a difference

scoobs evos etc are quick but unless heavily modded they cant pull on a well modded starlet that much. I've beat skylines, scoobs etc with a few mods nothing serious to 100mph but after that I've got no chance. thats the bad thing with starlets there awesome to 100-110mph then bigger engined cars start to pull a bit

still though i havnt met anything yet except my mates 400bhp pulsar gtir that can pull away from me to 60 especially and nothing that can leave me to 100

Your lucky if the aircon its self weighs more than 10kg its self

then the rest your talking 15kg all in.

half these cars will probably be standard mate and of course you would keep with them to 100 but then on your gubbed so its not realy winning.

race an integra dc2.. ill bet you it pulls your doors off mate.

all cars run different on different days. any thing can happen with turbo cars. i no there about the same around town when there both standard. you can only get so much power out of the 1.8 engine. sorry but if you can get 300 bhp out of a leon cupra r 225 with a exhaust and map im buyin 1 2moz... people spend thousands putin big turbo and ihi kits on them to get 330 bhp. and also depends whos drivin the car aswell... at end of the day starlets r fast for what they are and there are certain cars they will surprisingly keep up with...you cant ask some 1 if a starlet will keep up because every car is differentso i guess you got to jus try it out for your self

Your lucky if the aircon its self weighs more than 10kg its self

then the rest your talking 15kg all in.

air con weighs 30kg i beliee and i highly doubt all rear seats, trims, spare wheel etc weighs 5kg

as i said your looking at 50kg minimum weight removed

and I've raced old shape scoobs and beaten them. and if you can keep up with a newer shape evo i.e 5-6 upwards then your runnin some serious power or person driving is a screwdriver. evos r in a completly different league

and also very very heavy

wether people like it or not weight in a car does make a serious difference thats why say a saxo vts turbo could cream a hell of a lot of things on the road. serious power in a car that weighs fuck all. just got to make sure you can get the power down but it can be done

all cars run different on different days. any thing can happen with turbo cars. i no there about the same around town when there both standard. you can only get so much power out of the 1.8 engine. sorry but if you can get 300 bhp out of a leon cupra r 225 with a exhaust and map im buyin 1 2moz... people spend thousands putin big turbo and ihi kits on them to get 330 bhp. and also depends whos drivin the car aswell... at end of the day starlets r fast for what they are and there are certain cars they will surprisingly keep up with...you cant ask some 1 if a starlet will keep up because every car is differentso i guess you got to jus try it out for your self

You dont realy know your cars do you?

Leon Cupra R's 225 bhp. run K04 turbos standard.. ill assume you know what one of those are.

A k04 is capable of running 350bhp

Cars with the k04 set up... Audi tt,leon cupra R,audi s3... theres MORE!

they spend thousands getting the ihi set up...

IHI runs 390.. want proof ill get my mates leon cupra spec thrown up he has one of the fastest cupras in the uk..

hes not short of money and has a 700bhp corvette z06... plus others nice petrol head things.

so id advise you go buy one the now you moron.

Badass mate... the ibiza's can shed alot of weight too.. the arguement could go on for ever.

my only comment now is... Theres no replacement for displacement.

evos scoobs cupras skylines rs focus etc all can run silly boost like 22psi thats why

the take us after a 100mph and have biger turbo,s that are laggy as fuck by the time ko3 ko3s ko4 gt28 gt30 kick in the ct9 is already off and away lol :p

Badass mate... the ibiza's can shed alot of weight too.. the arguement could go on for ever.

my only comment now is... Theres no replacement for displacement.

yeh it could go on lol so'll we'll end and agree on that last statement haha

evos scoobs cupras skylines rs focus etc all can run silly boost like 22psi thats why

the take us after a 100mph and have biger turbo,s that are laggy as fuck by the time ko3 ko3s ko4 gt28 gt30 kick in the ct9 is already off and away lol :p

well said. i agree the starlets arnt the quickest thing in the world but for a little 1.3 with a small turbo to beat to 100 and keep up with the skylines, scoobs etc is in my opinion very impressive i think

considorin im a fully qualified techncian and yes i do no wat a ko3s is and i no they wont run that with standard internals. also to add to the fact my work is full of performace cars like m3's evo 9's evo 7's supercharged vxr8's and range rover sports i aint stupid. if you could get 300 bhp out of a map in a cupra every 1 would have 1. the reason y most things beat starlets over 100mph is not because of the amount of boost they run. the standard intercooler cannot take 300 bhp in a leon for a start. so you cant get 300 out of a map. the turbo may b capale of runnin 700 bhp but the rest of the car aint. so i wont be buying 1 thanks

i didnt say ko3 has less power capabilites, than the ct9 i said it just takes a bit longer

to kick in

also the ko3s was on the ibiza cupra r

and the ko3 was on the ibiza cupra all the diffrence was on the cupra r was the actuator

nothing to do with a hybrid I've had one so i know

also internals on the can take 400bhp max

considorin im a fully qualified techncian and yes i do no wat a ko3s is and i no they wont run that with standard internals. also to add to the fact my work is full of performace cars like m3's evo 9's evo 7's supercharged vxr8's and range rover sports i aint stupid. if you could get 300 bhp out of a map in a cupra every 1 would have 1. the reason y most things beat starlets over 100mph is not because of the amount of boost they run. the standard intercooler cannot take 300 bhp in a leon for a start. so you cant get 300 out of a map. the turbo may b capale of runnin 700 bhp but the rest of the car aint. so i wont be buying 1 thanks

oh then your not too good at the reading are you... i said just shy of 300bhp you tit.

and you dont need to uprate internals for this kind of power.. i seriously hope your kidding.

ill get my mates dad leon's rr results thrown up to show you that the power is easy done without touching internals. your an embaressment to your work if you think so.

Can of worms comes to mind lol...

Theres no replacement for displacement.

The only thing i'll say to that is, with me coming from the VW world...

They give the Honda lads a hard time, but.. take 2 cars from the same years and compare the engines...

Mk3 Golf .. 2.8 litre VR6 engine.. 174bhp

EK9 Civic .. 1.6 16v engine .. 186bhp..

Obviously this is only 1 example against another.. but when i see their stickers saying ''Vtech this'' i can only think ''yeah, maybe you should've...''

oh then your not too good at the reading are you... i said just shy of 300bhp you tit.

and you dont need to uprate internals for this kind of power.. i seriously hope your kidding.

ill get my mates dad leon's rr results thrown up to show you that the power is easy done without touching internals. your an embaressment to your work if you think so.

if you rurnnin just shy of 300 bhp with standard cooler pressure regulators and internals with then the engine is not going to last long. you can wind the boost up on any turbo car and get silly power out of it. but you wont make it very far. and you need to watch what ya say over a computer. you can pull out dads brothers sisters results out all day long but only they no wat mods r done. argument over

if you rurnnin just shy of 300 bhp with standard cooler pressure regulators and internals with then the engine is not going to last long. you can wind the boost up on any turbo car and get silly power out of it. but you wont make it very far. and you need to watch what ya say over a computer. you can pull out dads brothers sisters results out all day long but only they no wat mods r done. argument over

hi i used to work for seat and the internals on these engines are very good it could easily deal with 300hp with minimal modifications only thing that is really needed is like a fuel pump and a good remap.

im not arguin with som 1 who thinks he nos every thing over a computer any way. got better things to be doing. just not havin some cock tellin me i dont no nothing bout cars and cant do my job when he probs sits at a pc all day pushing buttons

arguement over??? do you know what the engine power is rated to you moron.

it can handle 300bhp all day long with the foot planted.

go read the spec of the car... handling the car with the right mods... decat,exhaust,filter,map.

the internals wont go pop. the car isnt even running hard boost.

somefolk are just so stupid. go read about cars and come back when you have passed your first year of your apprenticeship you little clown