Well, a turbocharger basically relies on the expansion and energy of the exhaust flow in order to operate, so improvements in this respects will serve to improve the spool characteristics; so in laymen's terms, keeping the exhaust flow reasonably hot, and by improving exhaust velocity (think kinetic energy of the exhaust flow) will improve spool.

So, typical things to help spool include increasing the C/R (more air compressed, hence greater rate/volume of expansion on ignition), headwork (increase the volume and speed of air flow), uprated camshafts (greater volume, and combined with some scavenging, greater velocity), advancing the timing (cylinder mixture is more fully burned, again creating a greater rate/volume of expansion), ceramic coating the exhaust housing/manifold (keeps the exhaust hot, maintaining velocity), selecting the right wastegate and boost controller and so on

When geting the ecu mapped im sure you can get your timeing advanced someone correct if im rong as for cams yes it would be a good idear to change the valve springs as for wonting a lower spooling time im not sure what turbo you are running but you could get a smaller turbo the biger the turbine the longer it will take to spool the biger the turbo housing

and the smaller the turbine the quicker the spool lol i think im right in some why as i dont like haveing a big head incase im rong lol hope that helps anyway mate :p

When geting the ecu mapped im sure you can get your timeing advanced someone correct if im rong as for cams yes it would be a good idear to change the valve springs as for wonting a lower spooling time im not sure what turbo you are running but you could get a smaller turbo the biger the turbine the longer it will take to spool the biger the turbo housing

and the smaller the turbine the quicker the spool lol i think im right in some why as i dont like haveing a big head incase im rong lol hope that helps anyway mate B)

im running the td12 and getting full boost by 3k but want to try to lower it abit

cheerd marck

boost by 3k you dont whant much do ya lol im not so sure now lol the td12 has good spooling time so i thort and by the look of it you are geting full boost at 3k and thats mint sometimes people say if you have a big intercooler that can course a bit of lag and i noticed when i got my fmic and took the tmic off i was a bit more lagy