ok being as indecisive as i am im unsure whether to change my alloys. the ones on the back are my current ones 16s that rub slightly. the front are 15s which are the ones i am thinking of gettting.

opinions please,as i have changed my mind about 10 times now. also any insite into the benifits of the lightweight 15s over the 16s . thanks

wheels.jpg

can i have more info on the arch trimming. cuz took it to my bodyshop and they said it can't be done cuz of welding of the outer and inner panel. he could be lying but i can see where hes coming from. i had a look today with the hacksaw in hand, but could'nt find an angle of attack so left it. cheers

i just used a cuttin disc, in my mates toyota garage (which did help) & where the arch stuck out where the rubber was catchin i cut every inch & half then banged em back with a hammer holdin the outside body work to stop it dentin outwards, then resprayed it with rust proofin, as soon as i get mae camera back i'll post ya some pics of mine too if that helps :) its done the job on mine & no rustin too! i'm running 15x7 & its slammed fairly low

as tinman said, you get a saw, cut ever inch or so of the inner arch lip and fold them in on themselfs. gives you another inch ish or clearence for wider rims if your gonna be scraping the tarmac.alltho you shouldnt need to cut the arch , its a very easy job. takes a bit of care though .

go for the 15's man, there the way forward. literally. jdm :)

ive just perchased 15"X7" compomotives for mine (wene i get it in a weeks time lol) and i was going to bye 16's till a guy on tgtt told me that 15's were the best sized wheel and went into all this power to wait ratio exceleration time stuff and all sorts of mathamaticle stuff and basically 15's are the best size to have on a starlet aparently. plus theirs loads of realy nice racey looking 15's out their.

Big rims dont look right on small cars all the little corsas and novas with 17's and some even with 18's look like they are on stilts plus the handling suffers.

I was a big big euro lover and theirs nothing better than seing a mk1 golf slammed to the dround on a set of 13's most of these cars couldnt run over a fag packet mined you because they are so low but now im waffling on and talking to my self so im gonna leave you with this ok.

small is the new BIG

shouldnt really be rubbing somehow unless the wheels are the wrong size/offset etc.

mine's now on the deck and with chunky 15x6.5JJ wheels (with a perfect offset) they dont even come close to rubbing, they sit up in the arches perfectly :)

thanks for the opinions, my wheels are 7" wide so prob rubs cuz of that. what is a good offset for starlets. i think mine are 40mm. the new 15s are 40mm as well and also 7" wide but i guess the extra half inch in the arch should stop the rubbing. will make it look more jap style as well.