Polishing A Rockercover

if this in in the wrong section fell free to move it.

im thinking of polishing up my spare rocker cover but its a little past its best, has anyone on here polished one up before and can give me some hints or tips as to the best way to get results. or even a step by step guids

Jim

im thinking of polishing up my spare rocker cover but its a little past its best, has anyone on here polished one up before and can give me some hints or tips as to the best way to get results. or even a step by step guids

Jim

i just kept sanding down the rocker down using corser grades of sand paper first first and kept working my way down with the finer grades until the cover was as smooth as silk then i used autosole metal polish with a mini buffer and buffed the shit out of it after a few hours it ended up like this

glanza053.jpg

i just kept sanding down the rocker down using corser grades of sand paper first first and kept working my way down with the finer grades until the cover was as smooth as silk then i used autosole metal polish with a mini buffer and buffed the shit out of it after a few hours it ended up like this

glanza053.jpg

can this be done with any rocker cover?????

no reason why not.

like he said, patience, auto sol, sand paper, and a buffer!

Phil.

looks sick when done. anyone know what grades of sand paper needed? i have polish here.

does it need constant polishing or is that it done for good?

thanks for the reply phil!!

looks sick when done. anyone know what grades of sand paper needed? i have polish here.

does it need constant polishing or is that it done for good?

thanks for the reply phil!!

cant remember the grades but you have to keep polishing it to keep it shiny otherwise it will start to look grubby

Jim

the way ive allways mirror polished is wet & dry sandpaper 600,800,1000 exc all the way up to 2500 but with washing up liquid in your water for the uber smoothness, then autosol by hand with soft toilet roll (not the cheep rubish)

sallyengine002.jpg