Here's something I completed with a friend in april this year. Still some work left on it in terms of the final map-up, engine work and track-prep. Nevertheless, the car runs fine as a daily drive and track weapon on the weekends.

Current spec:

*civic eg5 shell

*full egk20 conversion kit

*k20a2 block + 6 speed gearbox

*Apexi type N1 coilovers

*jdm ITR LCAs

*strut braces (x6)

*H brace

*4-1 exhaust header

*decat

*2.5'' full catback system

*KnN Typhoon Cold Air Intake System

*Hondata K-pro fully programmable ecu

*fully stripped rear

Still to come before next year:

*Custom traction bars

*uprated intake system or ITB setup

*uprated cams & possible headwork

*cusco 2-way lsd or similar

*ACT clutch kit

*R888s or Yokohama Pradas

Car ran a modest 14.1 with oem suspension, 17'' wheels with worn tyres and a stock k20a2 map. Car was also in need of a service and had serious traction problems. Hoping to hit low 13's or even high 12's after all the work has been carried out. It'll probably be around the 250-265bhp power band when all the work's done.

Here are some pics of it before the new suspension setup. Body is tatty but It'll be staying that way until all the tuning is done.

30082009891.jpg

30082009892.jpg

(pre-wire tuck pic, so don't laugh)

30082009893.jpg

So let me know what you guys think of it so far and if you have any questions regarding this conversion then I'll be more than happy to answer them.

cheers:)

Nice sleeper mate, bet you have shocked a few people lol

lol a few too many to mention I think! let me see now: integra dc2, astra vxr, vw golfs, civic type r's, scoobys, and the list just goes on and on...only problen with the car is traction, but when it gets it it pulls like a train!

that is amazing man eg and ek are the best civics made the new ones suck there too heavy i had a ep and it sucked(albeit a sport but it handle shit) ive wanted a eg vti for ages but that conversion would be the best thing ever lol good work mate

that is amazing man eg and ek are the best civics made the new ones suck there too heavy i had a ep and it sucked(albeit a sport but it handle shit) ive wanted a eg vti for ages but that conversion would be the best thing ever lol good work mate

cheers dave. i can understand what you mean about the newer civics. they're good cars but not my cupa tea either to be frank.

Have you thought about trying to put your induction kit towards the front of the engine, or make a heat shield for it? cant be sucking in much cold air right next to the exhaust manifold.

nicely spotted mate...it's facing the front at the moment however the pic is out of date. now the whole bay has also been wired tucked etc.

I second that.

Nice man, sort the wheels out though. :)

Mitch

lol wheels will be refurbed. im currently preping an oem buble kit for the car which will be going on. should go well with the alloys i hope