Well its about bloody time....

Finally got my hands on some suspension, at bloody last, so gave it a quick clean today and here are the results.

by the way, the suspension is tanabe sustec shocks with (what i believe to be) pi springs, they're fensport sourced springs anyway, but whatever they are they sit perfectly, completely transform the car.

the shocks are absolutely brutal, bloody rock solid, but thats part of the fun eh :)

dsc01490jd6.jpg

dsc01489ii9.jpg

dsc01491xw5.jpg

dsc01487mi8.jpg

dsc01496cr7.jpg

These next pics are from before the clean, 4 months worth of dirt and shit, but its on the flat ground at least.....(these pics were taken just after i fitted the shocks so they hadn't completely settled yet :o)...

dsc01481ck8.jpg

dsc01486ys4.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate its rediculous how firm they are, street use MY ASS! the streets they mean must be brand new strip style streets, not the shitty pot hole ridden ones we get round here!

i've got a few sets of wheels though so might put the 14's on (with the bigger tyres) and see if it makes a difference at all, but im still expecting them to be brutal.

its great fun, i've fallen back in love with the looks of it again now, it looks like how it should've come in the first place! :)

O yes i know wiot you mean lol!!! i hat trd 1, counld't talk 4 toffee when i had then, then a pot hole pop the seal on the drivers side, so i bought the teins, not sure if i can get a newen now for them, they was bloody good!!!

Nice suspension mods!

A starlet should be firm, so you can chase bigger and faster cars around tracks and your local streets, hehe.

And by the way, your car is really nice, and I like your wheels, are they 15" or 16", and how are the ultralites, are they ultra light, hehe...

Nice suspension mods!

A starlet should be firm, so you can chase bigger and faster cars around tracks and your local streets, hehe.

And by the way, your car is really nice, and I like your wheels, are they 15" or 16", and how are the ultralites, are they ultra light, hehe...

i agree, it should be firm, i'm sure i'll get used to it.

The wheels are 15's, and they aren't ultralites, they're the proper A-Tech/Final Speed jap versions, not the re-branded ultralite european versions :o got all the original Final Speed centre caps etc, they're original 'Erasers'.

They're light yes, very light, and were an absolute steal price wise, although they aren't quite as light as my racing sparco's or enkei's (although they're both 14's) :)

wheel size is above mate.

yeah i've had coilovers mate, used to drive coilover equipped imports daily (including drag/drift/track spec jobbies) so know how firm they can be, even still, these are very much on the harsh side for fixed shocks :p

we'll see how they perform when i get to throw them around on roads i know well, hopefully tomorrow morning on the way to work, providing there aint much traffic :)

Congrats Ecksjay!

Now u know wat its means when the japs label suspension for street use lol!

Meant to retain some sort of stock comfort at ultra low ride height? Yea rite!!!....

You will love them tho mate, let us know how u get on with their chuckability!

Maybe the tanabe coilys would'nt have been too farfetched now u think about it!

Black Glanza is looking real mean now mate! Love the jdm rims bro!

She is finally sorted!

Peace Out

Joz

yeah thinking about it now mate if some tanabe coilovers came up i'd prob have em, if it meant to be able to drop it that little bit more then why not eh :p

cant see anymore popping up anytime soon though so these will have to do for now, least it aint springs on standard shitty shocks, so they'll be more than ample for the time being.

cheers for the kind words peeps :)

In that case i feel sorry for you, especially if you have 45 profile tyres :p

I now have 40 profiles..............but standard seats are back in which are nice and soft and are just about the only suspension i have :)

no mate they're 50 profile yoko dna gp's on 15" wheels, perfect match.

had 45 profile on my 16's and that was a little firm, not as much give in the tyres, but i'm gonna try one of my set of 14's out as they both have 60 profile. :)