What Do I Need?

Cheers Jay,

When doing conversions to 4efte, can you not just change the uk dash, engine loom and ecu for jap ones without wire swapping or splicing?

Does it not just all swap over, I'm sure I've seen people just swapping all looms or am I wrong

Gary

If you are going for the plug and play approach rather than splicing looms together then you should buy EP91 for EP91 and EP82 for EP80/1.

That way the wiring, switches, trims and everything will swap over to the bare shell without looking out of place. There is a shitload of work involved but it's all part of the experience. :lol:

Cool so in theory if i get a engine loom, dash loom and ecu from a glanza it should plug altogether ok?

Im wanting to keeps problems to a minimum a i have like 4 months to do the whole car.

it makes your brain hurt. just thought id add that

Its doing that already, god knows what itl be like when i get stuck in lol

I've seen this on pistonheads for along time now not sure if its still for sale but its pretty cheap the engine is

fucked but with it been up for sale the amount of time its has you could slap him with a fish and get it cheeper..

then you just need a engine or fix the one thats in if its fixable :(

link

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1329163.htm

I just read the tail end of your project thread there and noticed you were aiming for 5EFTE.

My advice is to buy a Glanza and do the conversion to 4EFTE, this will get you boosting sooner and iron out any unforseen issues that may crop up. In the meantime you can source a 5E and set it on an engine stand and build a monster to drop in. This will leave you with a spare 4EFTE left over as a backup once the 5EFTE is in.

At least if your engine build gets delayed for any reason you will have a boosting car just waiting on a a power upgrade rather than being left stranded waiting.

Best of both worlds. :p

cool, thanks alot Jay, its alot of work but i am aiming to have it running by april be 4e or 5e im n ot fussed as long as its boosting lol.

I've seen this on pistonheads for along time now not sure if its still for sale but its pretty cheap the engine is

fucked but with it been up for sale the amount of time its has you could slap him with a fish and get it cheeper..

then you just need a engine or fix the one thats in if its fixable :(

link

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1329163.htm

Cheers mate,

Bit far its about 8 hour drive, still looking wont buy until after xmas

Gary

So my car is a 97 on a R, so ill need a glanza from 96-97,

Stripp out full dash loom, engine and engine loom and swap with my n/a stuff.

What about the looms for the rest of the interior does that not interfere with the dash loom?

Just wanting a list of parts so i run into as little problems as possible, as i need it done as fast and smooth as possible.

Would it make much difference if i took one from a auto glanza? or will that give me more work?

Thanks

Gary

My advice is don't rush in.

Bide your time until the right car comes up. Ideally you want to stick with finding a rear-ended/lightly fronted manual Glanza with some mods on it already. Aim for the same spec as your car, ABS, sunroof and airbags could pose issues.

If you buy an auto then there is the associated dicking about with the gearbox (your weaker NA box will die rather quickly with a 4EFTE/5EFTE).

Looms wise you want the whole lot. You are reshelling the Glanza into the Sportif so the interior looms could be needed to get electrics working. If you get stuck or something doesn't work you just transfer it from the V.

Right ok, i dont have that much time as i would like at least a 4EFTE in and running for april then i can swap the 5E later,

I already have a 4EFTE LSD box so i wont be using my 4efe one,

Ill just keep a good eye out and buy about January time

Thanks for all your help so far Jay dude

Gary

Cool, ill keep an eye out,

Well ill probably just sell parts from it unless they are better than what i have, as i have everything needed for the conversion bar the donor car,

Should have plenty of room at the start of the year and get cracking when i can, really looking forward to it now.

Do you have msn Jay? Pm me if you get a chance

Cheers

Gary