Intercooler Arrived And Fitted, Few Q's

Intercooler arrived today and going to set about fitting it tomorrow! It came with a belt from toy tuning which i'm pretty sure is a non aircon belt. now I'm wondering if i HAVE to remove the aircon as i haven't prepared my self for that, just thought it would be tight with the aircon in! =]

UPDATE

To save making a new thread i thought i'd just edit my original. Today i fitted the intercooler, Fitted in with hardly any bumper cutting! HOWEVER, The turbo whine now sounds completely different, i'm not sure if this is normal or it's the intercooler leaking a little, and instead of a normal blow off from my shitty bailey, it also has a absolutely lovely flutter! i love in but thought this only happened running a really tight bov or no bov at all. Any ideas?

no you dont have to remove the aircon, i fitted a hdi intercooler with air con in and that core is huge i also didnt have to modify any pipework... altho id recommend you get rid its easy enough and you will have loads more space to work with.

no you dont have to remove the aircon, i fitted a hdi intercooler with air con in and that core is huge i also didnt have to modify any pipework... altho id recommend you get rid its easy enough and you will have loads more space to work with.

The HDI has a different piping route though....

I'm pretty sure both sets of piping runs down the battery side of the engine bay. it has the dumpvalve exit right at the top of the all the piping which will result in my dumpvalve being central and at rocker cover height. if that helps folks?

I think i can get away with keeping it after searching and a few response from here. Thanks chaps, mucho appreciated x

Just for the input I managed to fit my Jp Performance intercooler kit without removing the air con but ended up having to get rid of it when I got my air filter relocation kit, so if your planning on relocating your filter which is a must if you want any kind of performance gains then get that A/C removed :)

Dale.

Thanks dale, Expect i'll fit the cooler if i can without removing the aircon for the minute, then next week with a week off from work i'll take that aircon out!

Thanks folks!

No worries, the main issue with my intercooler was the pipe that comes from the turbo and heads downwards to the drivers side of the car, you've got to cut the plastic side cover ( if you still have one ) and the aircon pipe sits right where the pipe wants to go. But obviously with a little delicate bending it cleared it :)

This depends on the make and route of your intercooler pipework.

But just a heads up :p

UPDATE

To save making a new thread i thought i'd just edit my original. Today i fitted the intercooler, Fitted in with hardly any bumper cutting! HOWEVER, The turbo whine now sounds completely different, i'm not sure if this is normal or it's the intercooler leaking a little, and instead of a normal blow off from my shitty bailey, it dumps followed by a absolutely lovely flutter! i love in but thought this only happened running a really tight bov or no bov at all. Any ideas?

Thank-you chris.

I'm Running a Autobahn fmic, Bailey bov + hks panel filter.. i love the sound and happy for it to stay ;p but i was just wondering if something was wrong that was creating it..

Did anyone else notice a difference in turbo whine/whistle when boosting when installing the FMIC.

Jae