Since my old one I've had a 211hp GT Turbo, a White 219hp Glanza and now am moving on again. Looking at the JDM Civic EP3 TypeRs.

sounds like a fine collection of cars! but you cant beat abit of vtec! if your going to get a EP type R then deffo go for the JDM like you said, get 220bhp and an LSD if im correct :thumbsup:

im most probs wrong ha

i love vtec hondas....origianlly i wanted to get a 1.5 vtec civic.... my uncle has 1, and hes done a few mods... but the best mod by far is putting vtec badges on the back of the rear headrests :thumbsup: its like 'h8ter vision' :lol:

Anup

haha sounds like a random but funny mod dont think i could justify sticking vtec badges to my type r seats though haha. they are good i just love vtec! loud as fcuk if its a straight through pipe, setting car alarms off was a daily thing for me haha

Yeah that's right, but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna satisfy my but I'm sure some form of boost will sort that out!

Anyway I don't wanna take over your thread!!

haha yeah i was thinking it must feel kind of crap if you went from turbo to non turbo, like you said bit of boost would cure that haha

I get a buzz out of my N/a its not that fast.. But i tell you its nippy for a 1.3!! I've taken few cars out, 1.5lsi hondas n stuff.. But top end power is butters.. But as idrees said for what it is 1.3 you will shock a few people..

But am ready for some boost hopefully soon.

Welcome to the club mate :thumbsup:

You will feel quite a drop in power getting an N/A starlet after a Vtec Civic lol but they are decent for little 1.3s :lol:

A few cheap mods should see you going from 75bhp to near enough 90bhp :lol:

I used to own a Starlet (might have another one soon) and have recently bought a CRX VTEC (B16).

From what I've seen so far in some ways they are very similar, if you like Hondas you'll probably like Toyotas and vice versa.

I'd say Toyota build quality is only slightly better i.e. more robust interior.

With a few mods as mentioned the Starlet can be nippy but compared to the CRX it's absolutely gutless. Although they can be fun to drive once you've done a few suspension mods and just like Hondas they will not let you down.

Aslong as you maintain them they can take a hell of a thrashing.

The little 4EFE engine doesn't really have that much power but it feels lively and with the Corolla manifold and uprated air filter it pulls nicely between 4k and 6k rpm.

You'll probably find that eventually you'll want more power and possibly look at going down the turbo route.

I get a buzz out of my N/a its not that fast.. But i tell you its nippy for a 1.3!! I've taken few cars out, 1.5lsi hondas n stuff.. But top end power is butters.. But as idrees said for what it is 1.3 you will shock a few people..

But am ready for some boost hopefully soon.

i take it thats your starler in the photo? is it a glanza or have you done the front end conversion .it looks dam nice!

well im going looking at damiens sr this weekend so if i get it ill be having fun seeing what i can and cant race haha