Advice On This Kit Please :)

Now then chaps, :thumbsup:

Basicly after xmas im looking at making a few more performance upgrades to the glanza, obviously the turbo route is the key :lol:

All im really asking is exactly what else im gonna need to run this setup..Click does it need to be mapped ect..

And am i doing the right thing, anyone with experiance with this kit .. bhp figures , dyno graphs welcome. :lol:

Thanks Dale.

To make the most of it you'd probably want forged internals, uprated fuelling and management, and other things like a clutch to handle the power etc...

Cheers for the reply,

Right so do most people run this kit with forged internals? Or is it possible to run it without reliably?

And also you say management?.. am i gonna need a new Ecu then yeah.

Cheers Dale.

You would need that kit, some sort of filter relocation, possibly injectors, depending what boost you plan on running.

IIRC for 1 bar on a TD04 300cc injectors would be fine.

I would get a decent Electronic Boost controller, a piggy back ECU and get it mapped too.

Anything over 1.2 bar I would get forged internals and uprated headgasket

Not cheap.

very good kit there from Dave, yes it will need mapping how would you run it unmapped? perhaps do some research first. i'm sure you want power (most people do) but have you thought about what stress that will put on your un forged engine (i'm assuming it's unforged)... you need all the mods to support that turbo kit aswell remember.

so you will need:

Full exhaust atleast 2.5inch

Decat

fmic

relocated air filter off front of turbo

boost contrer

engine managment (emanage blue at at minimum, an ultimate would be better though)

that at a minimum and you will be able to run that turbo kit... but dont dive in head first for power, it will make your car a very unpleasant drive.. do the basic and work up to power :thumbsup:

get that sorted and with that kit you will be able to run around 200-220 at 0.9-1bar any more on an unforged engine and nd it will go pop!

You would need that kit, some sort of filter relocation, possibly injectors, depending what boost you plan on running.

IIRC for 1 bar on a TD04 300cc injectors would be fine.

I would get a decent Electronic Boost controller, a piggy back ECU and get it mapped too.

Anything over 1.2 bar I would get forged internals and uprated headgasket

Not cheap.

Ok soo..

Need a boost controller, need a ecu, got the filter relocation kit and got a FMIC

I wouldnt be straying over 1 bar i dont think.

Is this really the best option for me? or wouldi be better off running a hybrid Ct9 or similar

Dale.

If you are keeping the oem ECU, as long as you keep the boost under factory settings and get a fuel pressure regulator

then get the fueling sorted it should be ok.But if i was you the first thing id buy is a ECU thats what have i just done :lol:

and what a big diffrence that has made, my V is standard apart from airfilter exhaust system i pluged my BLITZ ECU in lastnight for Tpark :thumbsup: and it was like i had jumped into a diiffrent car the power increase was unreal lol and in my option

td04 are laggy and also shorten the life span of your engine headgaskit ect but everyone has diffrent there own opinion

cheers micky

If you are keeping the oem ECU, as long as you keep the boost under factory settings and get a fuel pressure regulator

then get the fueling sorted it should be ok.But if i was you the first thing id buy is a ECU thats what have i just done :lol:

and what a big diffrence that has made, my V is standard apart from airfilter exhaust system i pluged my BLITZ ECU in lastnight for Tpark :lol: and it was like i had jumped into a diiffrent car the power increase was unreal lol and in my option

td04 are laggy and also shorten the life span of your engine headgaskit ect but everyone has diffrent there own opinion

cheers micky

So you reccomend a Blitz ECU first of all, :thumbsup: and then maybe stay away from the tdo4

Few questions , are they plug and play

and how much would i be expecting to pay?

Thanks Dale.

So you reccomend a Blitz ECU first of all, :thumbsup: and then maybe stay away from the tdo4

Few questions , are they plug and play

and how much would i be expecting to pay?

Thanks Dale.

Yes they are plug and play mate the one i have just got, is mapped for bar but with me only boosting at 0.8/0.7

fueling is ok...i paid £400 for my BLITZ ECU but its the best mod for theys cars..When i had my old glanza i got

it to 197bhp with the standard ct9b turbo and that was all down to the apexi power fc ECU one of the best ECU,S for starlets if i was you thats one of the fists things id get out of the way then you can start from there ect :lol:

Yes they are plug and play mate the one i have just got, is mapped for bar but with me only boosting at 0.8/0.7

fueling is ok...i paid £400 for my BLITZ ECU but its the best mod for theys cars..When i had my old glanza i got

it to 197bhp with the standard ct9b turbo and that was all down to the apexi power fc ECU one of the best ECU,S for starlets if i was you thats one of the fists things id get out of the way then you can start from there ect :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, theyre expensive .. well more than i thought

Id be happy with 197 like definatly .. Obviously with other mods ect..Any particular place you can get the ecu's from ?

Dale

lol its the site mate its just done it to me :thumbsup: anyway most ECU,S for starlets are discontinued you are better off geting one on here..And i dont think you will get an ECU for lets than £400 unless you got a piggy back :lol:

If you are looking for a decent power figure maybe just over the 200 mark but not forging it would just go with a hybrid with a plug and play ecu,

That turbo kit there is for forged engines looking for alot more power, you could get a very quick car still on stock internals

Check out Bildo's build thread he has a gt-spec hybrid which is an animal now its been mapeed etc

Gary

Thanks alot lads ^^

Yeah I've realised I'm looking at too big of a turbo for my needs, like you lot say I think I'm alot better off going for a hybrid ct9 and a zcisco manifold, actuator and ecu of some sort.

I was unsure of what gains and figures I could see from what turbo ect..

Gonna have a good look at a few build threads like you say once I get home and don't have to use my iPhone.

Great advise as usual everyone :thumbsup: