Is It Possible To Dye Car Carpet?

While the CRX is being garaged I'm going to strip the interior and then re-fit it (for various reasons), while it's out I'm thinking of dying the carpet to freshen it up a bit.

I just had a quick look on google and not getting many good results, some even say that it's not possible because it's artificial fabric or something like that?

So can I just buy some normal dye and do it the same way you'd dye anything else or is there a bit more to it?

I was going to doing this on my car. Think im just going to buy new fabric and cut it to the shape of the original carpet. As mine has a few holes in it lol.

I've been thinking that too, but I'm worried about the material being shit and wearing out. :p

Then again Kidderminster is famous for carpets so might be able to get some local. :( But that will probably cost loads...

• 1 month later...

Evening sir. just as it happens ive bought a glanza carpet recently and dyed it. no pic's yet as i havent done an update on my thread yet. but this is what happened. so i washed and hovered the carper, let it dry for a day and bought some black dye off ebay for £18 for a 5litre can, sprayed the carpet about 5 times. its turned out dark grey as the carpet is like plastic fabric so it doesnt soak in well enough, if you have a thick, well thicker than a glanza carpet anyway you will get good results :mellow: